PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit Alarm

I_Wanna_Retire
12/07/2003, 02:46 PM
For those who have installed aftermarket alarms, what do you normally do to deactivate the factory alarm? I just bought a VX for my son and it came with a Pursuit alarm that I want to yank, and reactivate the factory alarm.

Bagheera
12/07/2003, 06:09 PM
I think I may have the factory alarm in my 1999 VX too......not sure though cause it didn't come with a remote? How can I check if it's there & works (didn't come with a manual) and can I get a replacement remote for the alarm?

Thanx:D

Tone
12/07/2003, 08:13 PM
Factory setup is only loosely and alarm and offers very little protection. I'd stay with the Pursuit even though I am not familiar with the brand but I'll bet at the very least it offers starter lockout that the factory unit does not.

As for verifying if the stock system is in place, search on the term factory alarm or remote and you'll find info on it's location and how to get replacement remotes.

AlaskaVX
12/09/2003, 05:30 PM
When I got my compustar alarm installed they left the factory alarm alone. Now I have 2 alarms! However they like to make each other go off so I have taken the stock remote off my keychain.

Bagheera
12/09/2003, 06:27 PM
Hey Alaska,

Does the factory remote have a power lock button on it? I can't decide if it's worth ordering the remote or just get something new. I am not really worried about the security where I am, but it would be nice to have something....even if it is just the crappy factory alarm ;pb;

WyrreJ
12/09/2003, 08:50 PM
The factory remote does unlock the doors:

1st press = arm & lock/disarm & unlock
2nd press = unlock passenger door

totallto
12/10/2003, 03:17 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone has a passive door lock alarm system on their VX? You know, the alarm arms in about 10-20 sec & the doors lock.
Just wanted to know, so if I got a new system I would be able to splice the right wires.

thanks

AJ