PDA

View Full Version : Odd codes after manual swap, help?

LittleBeast
08/04/2015, 04:10 PM
I completed the 5 speed manual transmission swap this past summer, but I am getting 8-9mpg because I have many engine codes now. Any help is much appreciated.

Codes:
P1133
P0146
P0153
P0405

I used the factory VehiCross exhaust and O2 sensors that are 2 years old now I think. They all were working great before the swap. The only thing I am noticing is a loss of power in 5th gear on the highway after driving for a while, well and the whole 8-9 miles per gallon I am getting consistently at the moment. Any ideas? Oh and my cruise will come on as in the dash button to turn it on works as it should, but it will not set the speed as the button on the end of the wiper arm does nothing at the moment.

vt_maverick
08/06/2015, 07:55 PM
I don't have much to offer on the codes, but the cruise issue might be your clutch engagement sensor. Is the "L" lit on your gear selector tree when you're trying to set the cruise? My sensor seems to be just a touch sticky so I occasionally have to tap the back side of the pedal to get the cruise to engage.

Good luck!

twostep1n2
08/08/2015, 08:14 AM
the codes are on both sides bank 1 and bank 2. bank 2 is the drivers side. I think you have a wiring harness issue or a fuse blown. all the sensor heaters are fed from one fuse EB-12 O2 sensor hearter 20amp fuse. it should be in the relay fuse box on the driver side fender next to the battery. if all else fails you need to get a OBD2 scanner that can read the signals coming from the sensors to see what is going on. Good luck

***The P1133,- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical conection
- Air leak in exhaust near O2 sensor

***P0146,Defective Rear Most Oxygen Sensor
Faulty Rear Most Oxygen Sensor wiring or connections

***P0153 Check and fix any exhaust leaks Check for wiring problems (shorted, frayed wires) Check the frequency and amplitude of the oxygen sensor (advanced) Check for a deteriorating / contaminated oxygen sensor, replace if necessary Check for inlet air leaks Check the MAF sensor for proper operation Replace the Bank 2 oxygen sensor upstream of the catalytic converter

***Code P0405
- Faulty EGR volume control solenoid valve
- Carbon built up on EGR valve
- EGR volume control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR volume control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty EGR temperature sensor and circuit