PDA

View Full Version : Snow? What snow?

Triathlete
12/06/2003, 04:17 PM
While a lot of you are now snowbound, just thought I'd let you know, I am surviving this latest winter storm! Went for a bike ride this morning and my itty bitty skinny tires stuck like glue. Oh yea, and it was 79 degrees out:laughy: Was wearing only a bike jersey (short sleeve) and bike shorts. Then I went for a nice swim in an outdoor pool:clap: Man, winter is harsh here but I think I'll get through it!:wave:

For those wishing to escape that slick white stuff for a little off roading you are welcome to join us for the Arizona New Year Trail Run (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=22046#post22046)

Heraclid
12/06/2003, 05:42 PM
Hey, pretty much the same here up until the last few days, but I could go for your lower humidity. :-)

nyc #1 ironman
12/06/2003, 06:22 PM
"TRI" How can u do this to a fellow VXer???? I am in NY, along with so many of the others here suffering through this discusting blizzard !!!! My poor VX looks sooo lost out there and alone. I keep going to clean it off and mother nature keeps Shi*ting on it ! When will this end!!! Hey, got room in that pool for a bunch a fellow northeastern VXers?

Heraclid
12/06/2003, 06:32 PM
My brother goes to school in NYC and commutes from Hoboken where he lives. Doesn't have to drive much in it though. Maybe I'll give him a call and see how it's going. Hey, I'm planning to visit him up there this next spring, so maybe I could meet up with some of you guys up there then.

nyc #1 ironman
12/06/2003, 07:53 PM
We will roll out the red carpet...

Panther_Black_VX
12/07/2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete
While a lot of you are now snowbound, just thought I'd let you know, I am surviving this latest winter storm! Went for a bike ride this morning and my itty bitty skinny tires stuck like glue. Oh yea, and it was 79 degrees out:laughy: Was wearing only a bike jersey (short sleeve) and bike shorts. Then I went for a nice swim in an outdoor pool:clap: Man, winter is harsh here but I think I'll get through it!:wave:

For those wishing to escape that slick white stuff for a little off roading you are welcome to join us for the Arizona New Year Trail Run (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=22046#post22046)
;wtf;
Oh yeah! Well I just had some hot coco and snuggled up in warm blanket and enjoyed the easy winter night....

Oh alright, who am I kidding? YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!! :waag:

I love being back in the NYC area, but I do miss that Atlanta weather....

Heraclid
12/07/2003, 11:35 AM
Hey thanks nyc#1ironman, but that won't be necessary. I'm not that special - a hearty "how 'ya doin'?" will do just fine. :-)

Despite my expectations, I kinda liked it there and want to go back when I have more time. I was there in June with just a few days plus my brother had other visitors too so we had to compromise on what to see/do.

Anita
12/07/2003, 11:49 AM
Being a girl who was born and raised in warm sunny southern california and watching too many old classic films, I have always wished to spend my Christmas somewhere where there was snow. Ive never experienced the childhood fun of making a snowman, or having a really great snowball fight. One Christmas I will do those things.

Yeah, yeah - I know all the pains in the a** that snow creates as well. I'll experience those things as well and then be happy I live in sunny L.A.....;Dr;

Pete
12/07/2003, 12:38 PM
Hi all!

Still snowing hard up here in NH. It has been so windy it is hard to tell how much we have gotten. Some places in my yard there are only a few inches and others there are 4'-5' drifts. Had it not been windy I would guess about 2 feet. I might take the VX out for a little fun, although I have no 1st and 2nd gear at the moment it should go in winter mode okay. (I have a tranny coming)

Stay warm, Pete

Andrey
12/07/2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Being a girl who was born and raised in warm sunny southern california and watching too many old classic films, I have always wished to spend my Christmas somewhere where there was snow. Ive never experienced the childhood fun of making a snowman, or having a really great snowball fight. One Christmas I will do those things.

Yeah, yeah - I know all the pains in the a** that snow creates as well. I'll experience those things as well and then be happy I live in sunny L.A.....;Dr;

Anita you are welkome to stop by in Boston.. well where do i start - Logan International Airport is closed for 2 days now, I live on a dead end street which is not plowed, some moron this night pushed HUGE pile of snow into my street, from 11 am until 3:00 pm I was trying to get through this pile (my wife driving and me pushing)..... Snow was so deep that VX was sitting on its belly with tires spinning. But when I got through this it was so much fun to drive on the snowy roads and YES my new Proxes S/T live up to their expectations.. nice grip in the snow, better handling and breaking.. so snow is fun but TOO MUCH SNOW is not TOO MUCH FUN ! ;pb;

hchen
12/08/2003, 02:28 AM
snow is possibly the best thing that ever happens around here in jersey. driving int he snow real fast (when no one's around). it's fun when you know one mistake will probably send you crashing. but then again, most of you dont like that sort of stuff. i trust my vx to hold up to some beating if i do go out of control but im invincible so i wont. i own MOther Nature with an iron fist. I own the world. PUAHAHAHAHAHA ok back to having the books own me...

Spike
12/08/2003, 09:43 AM
Ok, VX handles great on dry road..

...and I was EXTREMELY pleased with how it handled 5 inches of snow over this past weekend... It even took the highly compressed 'white icy snow' this morning without any noticeable slip.

What has been getting me nervous is the slush
(and somewhat in the rain in warmer weather)

I don't know if it is just me being nervous from past experiences, or if the stock tires just dont work all that well in wet and/or slush...

Any feedback?

Triathlete
12/08/2003, 10:44 AM
Don't know about slush here. The only slush I get around here is cherry flavored and bought at 7-11!:flame2:
By the way was 82 Saturday, 79 Sunday and today a "cold" front is rolling through bringing us liquid sunshine and a high of only 65. BBRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'll have to get out the jacket.:flower:

Raque Thomas
12/08/2003, 02:49 PM
So Triathelte, are you dreaming of a .....brown Christmas? Sounds like you're trying to compensate for a little "snow envy" there? ;)
If you can't handle the white stuff, you might want to send your VX up north so at least IT can have a little fun!!!!
;Dr; ;Dy; ;Dp; ;Do;

AlaskaVX
12/08/2003, 03:41 PM
Triathlete- your only $1,000 dollars away from a cherry flavored slushy street :bgwo:

Triathlete
12/09/2003, 08:15 AM
Nope, don't particularly like the white stuff. Have spent winters in Pitt., Penn. and have snow 45 minutes from my house at the southern most ski area in the U.S. (Mt Lemmon Ski Valley). I've also been in Alaska (Ancorage) in June and there was still snow on the ground. Kind of makes it hard to run when getting chased by a huge moose....but thats another story.;eeky; ;Dy;

Triathlete
12/27/2003, 05:32 PM
Even us desert dwellers can have a little fun in the fresh white stuff!
http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/004/1B/C9/16/5D/CXqSZ5eD4puObJk9XAV0M2JivKwUOTC+0300.jpg
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/008/1A/EE/F8/9A/kDYjXowEZCLEWkNaGR4NrMyry9qtJrXE0300.jpg
:naughty: :cool!: :naughty: :cool!: :naughty: :cool!: :naughty: :cool!:

Spike
12/27/2003, 05:48 PM
Triathlete,
You wouldnt have been chased by the moose if you hadnt tried to karve your initials on it with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given to you by Svenge - an Oslo dentist :goof: and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", and "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"

;eekb;

We apologize for the fault in the comments. Those responsible have been sacked. :smack:

;Dr;