PDA

View Full Version : No one looked at my new car

Makocross
06/03/2015, 06:12 PM
I've been towing my VX behind my motorhome for a couple of years now. Some of you may remember that my transmission died on my last trip. So now the VX is going to be a garage queen. I replaced the VX with something newer, a 2007 Acura RDX. It has super handling all wheel drive, sort of like TOD, but not as good off road as TOD. It also has a turbo motor and puts out about 260hp. It is very fast, very quiet, gets better gas mileage and with the turbo at 10,000 ft the power does not drop off. It not good off road because it has about 2" of ground clearance but great traction. Considering it is at least a decade newer technology overall I am happy. Here is the problem, not one person in six weeks came over and asked me what it is, hell, I walked by it several times and didn't recognize it. Such a fun car on the inside, so boring on the outside.
Mike

tom4bren
06/04/2015, 05:34 AM
ROFL ... I know what you mean.

Once when I was towing the VX behind the RV, I stopped at a rest area. A guy & his son came over to look at it before I'd even gotten out of the RV. He said he had passed me an hour before & just had to check it out. Of course I had to reciprocate though when I saw what he was towing. It was one of those boat hulls that is powered by a jetski that can be taken in & out easily. I'd read about them but hadn't ever seen one.

Now that I'm towing the Amigo instead, I don't get as many looky-lou's. Since the Amigo has been LineX'd though, it's starting to pick up.:)

Cobrajet
06/04/2015, 08:01 AM
Paint your silver (aren't they all?) RDX Proton Yellow, and you may get a few comments.

LittleBeast
06/04/2015, 08:04 AM
Haha, this is so true. Happens all the time, I have never gotten so many comments looks and stares, even more then when I was driving a '66 Fastback Mustang.

tom4bren
06/04/2015, 09:52 AM
Mako,

What are you using for the braking system on your "Toad"?

I just purchased the 'Ready Brake'. I'm really interested in getting it installed since it really boils down to a surge brake setup designed on the KISS principal. Unfortunately the next trip we take, we won't be taking the Toad. Up till now, I haven't had a braking system installed & that's just pushing my luck too far.

Tom