PDA

View Full Version : Blown Cylinder...

ShredShed
05/24/2015, 02:40 PM
My 2001 Firefox Mica VX has a bad rod knock. It still runs and can be driven but not for long. I am seeking advice from you guys! I have attempted to find parts to fix it, So far myself and my mechanic have had no luck. Is there anyone out there seeking a VX to use as a parts car? Or perhaps perform an engine swap as almost everything else on the car is in good condition? I am motivated to get it sold. Back in November my VehiCROSS was broken into and I still can't find a passenger window for it so I am extremely concerned I will not be able to find parts for it here in the future. I do not have the time or money to continue maintenance and upkeep on the vehicle either, Let me know what you guys think. I have plenty of pictures I just have to figure out how to upload them as I am not too tech savvy on these forums. If you would like to text me I can send pictures of it that way. three 1 seven, 4 zero 7, six 1 nine 0. It is located in central Indiana.

bartmanS4
05/24/2015, 06:49 PM
I contacted Mike and he sent me these photos of what looks to be an '01 FireFox with 140k in very nice condition minus the passenger window and the little issue with the blown engine. I'll re-size the pics and post them later tonight.

If I were you Mike I'd definitely not part this one out. It's just too nice for that. If I were me I'd buy it for $1500 and put a new engine in it :bgwb:

Otwobme
05/24/2015, 09:34 PM
Pm sent

bartmanS4
05/24/2015, 10:36 PM
Pics

ShredShed
05/25/2015, 07:16 AM
BartmanS4,

Thanks so much for uploading the pictures! Does anyone here know where I could find a motor to replace mine? My Mechanic who has worked on the car since I bought it in 2004 is claiming that he cannot find anything.

bartmanS4
05/25/2015, 08:02 AM
He's not looking very hard.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isuzu-98-02-TROOPER-V6-99-01-VehiCROSS-02-03AXIOM-6VE1-Engine-Long-Block-ILB6VE1-/130954960189?hash=item1e7d861d3d&vxp=mtr

Otwobme
05/25/2015, 09:51 AM
Nor a good mechanic if he can't find an engine... I thing you should just sell this to me. I can give it a good home. I know someone looking for a Firefox.

ShredShed
05/25/2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks again guys!
This is a joint deal between myself and my father. After talking things through with him we have decided to sell as-is. Right now since I honestly have no idea what it is worth I'm going to say best offer rather than have a specific dollar amount. To get a little more publicity I am going to post a new thread for this. I value all of your opinions and advice so don't hold back!