PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a "Real Pre-runner Bumper"

Mr. I-MAN
11/16/2002, 08:36 PM
I have been looking all over for a real pre-runner front bumper, like the one on the Bob Land Baja racer or the one on the Geolander Baja 1000 racer. I had the yuppie cosmetic safari bar(no offense TONE) on my 99 IronmanVX. I bought a brand new black VX and I want to put something little more functional on the front of it. I live in Chicago and have to deal with the occasional bump and park! :mad:

SGT.BATGUANO
11/17/2002, 03:21 AM
Parking by the braille method , eh? Wanna sell your Tone bar? I'm in CHI- Town. What happened to your first VX?

BaM*BaM
11/17/2002, 06:38 PM
Check out Dragon Bob's rig. His is the best I've seen. (look at his fotos in the gallery, or do a search.)
His is the green one on the left with the hood scope.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=496&papass=&sort=4

There are other pics of this one in his other fotos.

Tone
11/17/2002, 07:19 PM
I’ve rear ended a BMW with the Safari bar at a light when he took off and then stopped and it saved both of us any damage. Something stronger could be a custom job of some sort or try the PreRunner bar for the Ford Ranger - looks like it will fit pretty well but I’ve never found one in stock to test, just lined up next to one in a parking lot. Custom brackets down to the frame can usually be made for around $100-150. Let us know and I’m sure someone will take the Safari bar off your hands.