PDA

View Full Version : What I'm Doing To My VX This Week!

mattferguson14
05/15/2015, 10:31 AM
This week I will be doing the following:

1. Removing and cleaning my Mode Selector Switch.

2. Replacing a leaky Selector Shaft Seal.

3. Replacing leaky Exhaust Manifold Gaskets (hopefully getting rid of that pesky exhaust leak!)

4. Cleaning out my EGR tube (hopefully clearing that pesky CEL!)

5. Replacing upper and lower ball joints with new MOOG parts.

6. Replacing tie-rod ends.

Other things I may be doing:

1. If the selector switch is not what's causing my hard shift problem, I'll be dropping the pan and replacing all of the shift solenoids.

2. Change the tranny filter and fluid while I'm at it.

If all goes well, in a week or two I will have all of my (known) issues fixed! Fingers crossed I don't run into any snags.

Please feel free to chime in with any advice if you have performed these repairs in the past. Helpful tips are always welcome!

Marlin
05/15/2015, 04:06 PM
FWIW, it may not be the exhaust manifold gaskets. Isuzus are notorious for having holes in the manifolds. Both my 3.2L trooper and the VX have/had holes in the manifolds. Both at around 115K miles too. I have extras for the VX sitting in my garage, not willing to tear into it unless I have to. Been 6 yrs, 40K miles, no worries:) Just something to think about, you can get them on ebay cheap, then send them off to be ceramic coated or high temp powder coated.

mattferguson14
05/16/2015, 03:45 PM
Actually, I figured out the exhaust leak! The nuts were loose! I tightened then up and viola, no more exhaust leak. Check one off the list :D