PDA

View Full Version : VX KAT - Thank You!

cr0sh
04/12/2015, 09:38 PM
This is a shout-out of appreciation and thanks to VX KAT! :D

Thanks to her, I now have a set of OEM roof rails for my Ebony - as well as a skid plate. She located the rails for me through a junk yard, got them shipped to her, cleaned them up, then met me today for the transfer (fortunately, she lives here in Arizona, too - and comes down to the Phoenix area every now and then).

She told me all about her adventure seeing what sounded like a Proton being sold in Scottsdale that might've been better shown on RicerCarMods; this poor VX sounded like it had an owner who just didn't care about its true soul...

:mady::mady::mady:

Anyhow - it was a very interesting story, and I was honored to meet one of this forum's premier ladies! I can't say enough about her level of knowledge on these vehicles. I'm sure I will have more questions...

...if I ever get mine back from the shop. :(

VX KAT
04/12/2015, 11:34 PM
:mbrasd::mbrasd: Thanks Andrew! Great to meet you too!
Guess ya can just call me Mona Lisa Vito!l
I'm just a receptical of all kinds if useless knowledge!

mattferguson14
04/14/2015, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to say HEY to my fellow AZ VX owners! I have seen 3 other VXes in the Phoenix metro area. There seems to be quite a concentration in this area. We should put together a meet some time!

VX KAT
04/14/2015, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to say HEY to my fellow AZ VX owners! I have seen 3 other VXes in the Phoenix metro area. There seems to be quite a concentration in this area. We should put together a meet some time!

I sold mine to a guy in Gilbert, and he had two Ebonys also! He's not active on the forum however. We've got cr0sh who just got one, he's in Glendale area, billyphxaz, and I think there's at least 2 more (plus the Proton with the rhino lining for sale in the general Paradise Valley area.)

mattferguson14
04/14/2015, 12:58 PM
Yep. We also have Triathlete in the Tucson area I believe. I have seen a Proton running around in Mesa a couple times, as well as an Astral in Tempe. Saw an Ebony out in down town Phoenix as well.

VX Kat, do you no longer own a VX??? Or did you sell another one you had?

VX KAT
04/14/2015, 01:00 PM
Yep. We also have Triathlete in the Tucson area I believe. I have seen a Proton running around in Mesa a couple times, as well as an Astral in Tempe. Saw an Ebony out in down town Phoenix as well.

VX Kat, do you no longer own a VX??? Or did you sell another one you had?

No VX, had to sell it in 11/13. I just have many friends here so I hang around, and still go to Moab every year.

mhuyge
04/14/2015, 01:06 PM
I'm in Phoenix/Scottsdale with my Proton. Happy to meet up anytime. More active on FaceBook as far as contacting me.

H3_VX
04/14/2015, 04:30 PM
Kat, are you ever gonna get yourself back in a VX or are you all VX'ed out? LOL

cr0sh
04/19/2015, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone! I would love to meet fellow owners of VX's here in the Phoenix area. Being such a newbie to these vehicles, the more I can learn, the better!

On a very happy note - I finally got my baby back!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/IMG_20150419_165810.jpg

I thought I would never see the day! The windows work really great, now - with new regulators, motors, and clips - and my mechanic found a good hack for the rubber - but more on that in another thread.

Here's a close-up of the roof rails - I installed them this afternoon:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/IMG_20150419_165847.jpg

I ended up leaving the flaps off because they wouldn't snap down in place over the clamp screw heads; I have on order a set of 3D printed flaps from Jasonm621 - maybe those will fit better. If not, I will have to come up with another solution.

The rails turned out great, though - and they look perfect on top of my VX. A basket and some lights will complete this someday.

:bgwo::bgwo::bgwo:

VX KAT
04/19/2015, 08:12 PM
Looks great! Glad to see you finally got it back!

The flaps should fit, I had them snapped closed before I gave them to you. I've never heard of a set not fitting (and those are OEM). Did you try pushing hard and snap them onto to the little nubs on the edge?

Dave and I will be in PHX Thursday if you want to meet up and I can try it.

You can see 2 lower nubs in this pic.
You have to kind of arch the flap to get them in the top 2 nubs,
then press pretty hard to snap them into the lower 2.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC_2975.JPG