PDA

View Full Version : Dome light tap on/off?

JULIAN911
04/05/2015, 08:25 PM
Ever since I had the sunroof installed, I could never tap on it to make it come on manually. Basically, I can't push up on it like I used to anymore. Did the shop lose a spacer or spring that enables the cover to be tapped? I took the cover off and could manually push the 2 little buttons on/off but with the cover back on, it's too snugged and no free-play to push up on it. What part am I missing from this dome light assembly?

eternal21
04/05/2015, 09:58 PM
You're not missing anything. Mine stopped working all of a sudden. Like you, for a bit, I could push up on the 2 little buttons and it worked, but then that stopped working. If you want, you can have my light setup to tinker with as I put in a console this weekend that does away with that light :)

JULIAN911
04/06/2015, 05:37 AM
When I mentioned the symptoms to Greg/Lisa. they mentioned that I could be missing the spacers when the sunroof shop reinstalled it - after examining the cover and the light base assembly, I'm very puzzled as to what's enabling the cover to be pushed upward to turn off/on?