PDA

View Full Version : military vxer...

surfindonesia
12/02/2003, 07:22 PM
hi...

my brother lives in hawaii and that is where i plan to go to college. I plan on getting another Vx just before i leave to go to UH or when i get to hawaii..

i am interested as to how u got your Vx, are there Vx's in hawaii???

thx

Brandon
SF bay

WyrreJ
12/02/2003, 11:29 PM
If you are going to UH Manoa, you should be prepared for a major lack of parking spaces.

Tone
12/03/2003, 05:11 AM
I saw 2 while I was on the Big Island this summer, one of which is member here, the other was a very old couple. You can search the membership here and see by location where there are members - click Member button above then choose view Geographically. Drag your mouse over the area you are interested in. For some reason nothing shows in HI - Scott?

ocwiley
12/03/2003, 09:36 AM
there's 4 on the big island,seen 1 on maui, have not seen any on oahu, however i'm sure that there is, with a pop. of a million and the majority of the military there. cost approx. $950 from long beach,ca. and $1800 from baltimore, maryland. i know this because that's where i bought mine from!
aloha,
ocwiley (on the big island)

surfindonesia
12/03/2003, 04:07 PM
can u buy vx's from japan and ship em over???

mabye?

Moncha
12/03/2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Tone
... For some reason nothing shows in HI - Scott?

Unfortunately, with the influx of new members, I've not been able to keep the geographically deal accurate. I started it out as a manual input feature. We have grown so fast and with the 3 month bout of West Nile it's really behind. I have a new idea to keep it up to date that will be coming with my new update to the site.. You can still search by region in the advanced search link of the members section.. The only draw back to that is when some one does not put in accurate info.

gregory46
12/04/2003, 04:27 AM
Shipping cost from Japan to LA

: By local company it cost about $1800 - $2300 dollar and it will take 4-6weeks

I Know because I brought my VX lady from USA to South Korea.

surfindonesia
12/04/2003, 06:45 AM
gregory..

how do u change the driver side seat to the other side... i am confuised since japandrives on the other side of the road???

are u allowed to drive in the passengers seat or if u have to change it, request its change; how would u go about donig that?

Brandon
SF bay

military vx'r
12/04/2003, 10:05 AM
sorry for the delayed response. The military shipped mine for me. I have no idea how much it cost them. It was shipped from dallas, TX. and it took about 28 days to get here. Matson is the name of the company who shipped my VX. I saw 3 other VX's a white, black, and silver with 20's. I'm on the island of Ohau.

AlaskaVX
12/04/2003, 11:30 AM
I have a buddy who has an old Jeep cherokee with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side. It is legal for it to be like that here, not sure about there though. It's pretty cool when he pulls up on your left, makes it easy to BS at a light or whatnot.

Anita
12/04/2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by WSG aka Moncha
Unfortunately, with the influx of new members, I've not been able to keep the geographically deal accurate. I started it out as a manual input feature. We have grown so fast and with the 3 month bout of West Nile it's really behind. I have a new idea to keep it up to date that will be coming with my new update to the site..

Scott, if you need help with that let me know.

SPAZZ
12/04/2003, 12:49 PM
The seats should be the same no matter what side you are on....what you want to change would be the steering and pedals to other side...something like a conversion.......:confused:

not sur why you would want to just change the seats, but if you did..just like 4 bolts undo em and you can swap seats...

VehiX
12/04/2003, 01:38 PM
I know there is at least one on Oahu. The last time I was there visting my mother, I saw a silver one with 20's on it :)

I was just walking down town and all of a sudden there it was. I was so excited to see one out there especially with a nice set of 20's :)

I just saw two in Colorado last week. One proton with female driver going down I25 South and the other was in Colorado springs. Itr was all dinged up with what appeared to be a peiece of aluminum with rivets hiding a ding in the front bumper, had some funky stuff going on with the fron twindshield too.

Dallas4u
12/04/2003, 02:11 PM
Swapping seats will put the seat that 'auto' slides up when flipped forward to the drivers side, and vice-versa... making it a little harder to get in on the passanger side (just because after you flip the seat forward, you then have to pull the lever to push it forward as well. The drivers seat will then slide forward automatically when you flip it forward, meaning you will have to adjust your driving position every time you move the seat.

Raque Thomas
12/04/2003, 03:27 PM
Dallas, I think if you slide the bottom before you return the back to the upright position, it will go back to the orginal position. I'm not certain about that, because both of my seats are always in the full back position. I know that the backrest will return to the original position.

surfindonesia
12/04/2003, 03:37 PM
sorry for causing so much controversey, be seat i basically meant steering wheel, pedas, etc....