PDA

View Full Version : Oem Rear Suspension

Woodsman
03/20/2015, 01:30 PM
Has any one got a set of original rear remote reservoir shocks they would care to sell?

Perhaps you have replaced the originals with after market lifts etc and need the garage space! I want the originals even if they require work as my beloved vcross is coming up for sale at 140000 odd miles and the potential buyer is
really interested in oem spec. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks , Mike

blinx
03/20/2015, 11:31 PM
Hello Mike,

It's Mike here too. I have just upgraded my Shocks to Ranchos and have a set of OEM's available if you are interested?

Woodsman
03/21/2015, 01:32 AM
Hi Mike

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes please, I am very interested.
Could you give me contact details and some idea of cost so I can pass it on to my guy. He is serious about restoring the vcross to original condition but needs to know what he is letting himself in for cash wise before he commits!

Cheers, Mike

circmand
03/24/2015, 10:51 AM
I think I have a set I could sell you.

Woodsman
03/24/2015, 12:20 PM
Hi Carter

Thanks for your reply but Vx now sold It's gone to a garage who want a restoration project. They can pm you direct once they join this site -and they will need to!

Cheers
Mike

samneil2000
03/26/2015, 07:23 AM
FYI on the OEM shocks. Years ago a member (I think LittleBeast) had his shocks rebuilt for like 500 dollars. The end result was basically a brand new set of OEM shocks. I think he cleaned them up, or the rebuilding shop did, and put new boots on them. I'm tempted to do this at some point for myself.

VXorado
03/26/2015, 07:32 AM
"Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

It's happened a couple times and pretty funny when people think your name is actually Carter Pewterschmidt. :thumbup:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jbxOXSujwu0/hqdefault.jpg

circmand
03/26/2015, 09:14 AM
It's happened a couple times and pretty funny when people think your name is actually Carter Pewterschmidt. :thumbup:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jbxOXSujwu0/hqdefault.jpg

I don't bother correcting them just chuckle a little. Of course about time for a new tag line but can't find one I like better

Mile High VX
03/26/2015, 11:23 AM
FYI on the OEM shocks. Years ago a member (I think LittleBeast) had his shocks rebuilt for like 500 dollars. The end result was basically a brand new set of OEM shocks. I think he cleaned them up, or the rebuilding shop did, and put new boots on them. I'm tempted to do this at some point for myself.

I had a set rebuilt in Denver for about $800. Like brand new when done. A good motocross shop can rebuild them if they service KYB brand shocks.

sean_grigoros
04/01/2015, 02:32 PM
Hi Mike,

I have a set of front and rear original oem shock available. email me at sean_grigoros@hotmail.com
I replaced my oem shock at 40,000miles. still in very good condition. email me if you are interest, I would like to give it up for $ 600 us. ( whole set) shipping will be extra.

Thanks.

Has any one got a set of original rear remote reservoir shocks they would care to sell?

Perhaps you have replaced the originals with after market lifts etc and need the garage space! I want the originals even if they require work as my beloved vcross is coming up for sale at 140000 odd miles and the potential buyer is
really interested in oem spec. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks , Mike

Woodsman
04/04/2015, 04:21 AM
Hi Sean

Thanks for making contact.

I'm passing everything on to the garage guy who took on the project. He has great hopes for it but there are a few problems I'd not managed to sort. He has the skills and knowledge to make a brilliant job, plus he has direct links to Japan.

Cheers
Mike

sean_grigoros
04/04/2015, 10:23 AM
Okay, just let me know if you are interested, thanks.