PDA

View Full Version : Looking for FRONT CLADDING, HOOD, BUMPER

highfall
03/19/2015, 11:55 AM
Hey peeps,

I think I'm likely going to rebuild my VX and figure out what to do with it after, seeing as it really only needs those three items. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find these items at their cheapest?

James

tom4bren
03/19/2015, 01:15 PM
You might be able to save your existing front cladding. Heating it up with a hair dryer will allow you to push the deformities back out. If there are cuts/tears in it, I've used PC-7 to fill those in. It's really close in color to the cladding and can be sanded to a nice finish.

I've got a damaged front cladding that I plan on fixing but I'm sure you're in too much of a rush to wait on my procrastination proclivities.:)

Sorry but can't help with the hood or bumper.

highfall
03/19/2015, 07:10 PM
I'm actually not in a big hurry. I think I'm going to put a grand into getting it back on the road (strong 2001 engine and strong tranny) and sell it. Thanks for the front cladding advice - I just might try that. I was thinking about pulling all of the cladding and spraying it down with bed liner. might be cool. Who knows. But I think it might be worth getting it back on the road, even if I break even.

VX KAT
03/19/2015, 07:13 PM
I found this salvage yard has a 2001 Ebony with lots of part left.
They're in Franklin NJ but they ship.

It shows it has the hood.

Call them and ask about the cladding and bumper.
Remember to negotiate price, including shipping, they can do it.

http://www.centralautoliq.com/vehicle-lookup/

tom4bren
03/20/2015, 05:03 AM
I'm actually not in a big hurry. I think I'm going to put a grand into getting it back on the road (strong 2001 engine and strong tranny) and sell it. Thanks for the front cladding advice - I just might try that. I was thinking about pulling all of the cladding and spraying it down with bed liner. might be cool. Who knows. But I think it might be worth getting it back on the road, even if I break even.

If you're going to spray the cladding with bed liner then repairing your existing one is your best option. You'll certainly be able to get close enough to the original shape that the bed liner will cover any blemishes. That was the plan for the one I have.

If you're gonna fix it, why sell? Mine has recovered from 3 different accidents (was considered totaled in 1). I'll still be buried with the keys in my pocket. I know that sounds like I'm a terrible driver but actually I was only the driver in 1 of the accidents.:)