PDA

View Full Version : Is your VX a chinese knock-off

DaGambit69
03/03/2015, 05:34 PM
An article from last year about VX's made in China. Second link has a bunch of brochure pictures, pictures, and one of our very own VX pic...
Kent

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/06/05/spotted-in-china-isuzu-vehicross/

http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-a-100005-16160413-1.html

Ldub
03/03/2015, 07:21 PM
That's a very interesting article. I'm not sure I think it's a believable article, but an interesting read, none the less... ;)

Ldub
03/03/2015, 07:23 PM
Is this one of those deals like on F-B, where if I reply, I'm supposed to post some crazy stuff on my timeline?...LOL

Triathlete
03/03/2015, 08:56 PM
I see the ORH makes yet another appearance. People really like stealing Jo's pics :(

Y33TREKker
03/04/2015, 02:45 AM
The way I read that, it seemed the author was talking about the license plate on that particular VX as being what was fake, not the VX itself.

Ldub
03/04/2015, 04:48 AM
^^^...mebbe try reading it slower? ... ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VX.PNG

Ldub
03/04/2015, 04:51 AM
I see the ORH makes yet another appearance. People really like stealing Jo's pics :(

LOL Willy ... ORW?

Triathlete
03/04/2015, 06:27 AM
I knew when I typed it it looked wrong...but I was tired and didn't really care :D

VX KAT
03/04/2015, 08:42 AM
That's Johnny Apollo's VX right below Jo's.

Y33TREKker
03/04/2015, 02:17 PM
^^^...mebbe try reading it slower? ... ;)
Maybe try reading the OP's title again?

"Knock-off" implies fake.

A VX is a VX regardless of where it's made.

circmand
03/04/2015, 03:22 PM

A vx is a VX no matter where it is made as long as it was made using OEM parts and under license. If Isuzu hired them these are VX's. However, the chinese have stolen alot of vehicle manufacturers design and concepts and put together look alikes with crappy parts and accesories.

Marlin
03/04/2015, 03:31 PM
I want a knock off VX...save 25000 dollars, airmail from HK! That would be awesome, authentic or not, it would be a great DD.

Vendetta
03/04/2015, 04:11 PM
Would the country of origin tag on the door jamb reflect Japan if the vehicle was assembled in China?

-V

Ldub
03/04/2015, 06:48 PM

Ummmmmmmm...NO...YOU said "licence plate"...(this is what YOU said) : >>> " it seemed the author was talking about the license plate on that particular VX as being what was fake, not the VX itself."

Are you that daft?...Have you no ability to comprehend what's been printed, or even what YOU have written?

Tell ya what, I've got a really good camera, and I don't mind traveling for a good cause.
I'll come take your pic for free, as I can think of many good causes that you could be a poster child for.
RIF comes most readily to mind, and I've got a couple others rolling around in my head, that I'm willing to start foundations for from the ground up... :yes:

I'm serious, I really want to help... :yesgray:

Scott Larson
03/04/2015, 11:57 PM
Dude, I mean DUB; tread lightly son, lightly...remember the last time!!! Gotta admit though, a knock-off VX is kinda flattering...:_confused

Honestly, had to look up RIF... Reading Is Fundamental, good one!:rotate:

Mile High VX
03/05/2015, 05:08 AM
That's Johnny Apollo's VX right below Jo's.

I really like the front light mounting on the one that's two below Johnny Apollo's...:smilewink:bgwo:

Y33TREKker
03/05/2015, 05:25 AM
A vx is a VX no matter where it is made as long as it was made using OEM parts and under license. If Isuzu hired them these are VX's. However, the chinese have stolen alot of vehicle manufacturers design and concepts and put together look alikes with crappy parts and accesories.
Feel free to show in the article where it was actually proven this was the case then.

Y33TREKker
03/05/2015, 05:29 AM
Ummmmmmmm...NO...YOU said "licence plate"...(this is what YOU said) : >>> " it seemed the author was talking about the license plate on that particular VX as being what was fake, not the VX itself."

Are you that daft?...Have you no ability to comprehend what's been printed, or even what YOU have written?

Tell ya what, I've got a really good camera, and I don't mind traveling for a good cause.
I'll come take your pic for free, as I can think of many good causes that you could be a poster child for.
RIF comes most readily to mind, and I've got a couple others rolling around in my head, that I'm willing to start foundations for from the ground up... :yes:

I'm serious, I really want to help... :yesgray:
As I just suggested to circmand, feel free to prove where Chinese VX fakes was proven in the article.

Otherwise, this just seems ANOTHER case where you seem to be daftly going out of your way to look for ANYTHING you can try to personally prove me wrong about...for which you've become but one of the poster children on this site. ;)

Qingling Motors (wiki, website) makes various Isuzu vehicles for the Chinese market, including light trucks and several SUV’s. Isuzu has a 20% stake in the company

RIF indeed.

circmand
03/05/2015, 07:38 AM
Feel free to show in the article where it was actually proven this was the case then.
I stated if it was under license these are VX but the chinese have made many fakes.

Ldub
03/05/2015, 04:03 PM
As I just suggested to circmand, feel free to prove where Chinese VX fakes was proven in the article.

Otherwise, this just seems ANOTHER case where you seem to be daftly going out of your way to look for ANYTHING you can try to personally prove me wrong about...for which you've become but one of the poster children on this site. ;)

RIF indeed.

W o W...just WOW. I get it now. And I wish to apologize for ever jerk'n yer chain dude.

Now that I have it figured out, I feel badly for ever being mean.

Hope things eventually get better with regard to your condition, and that you are able to live a happy & peaceful life.

Y33TREKker
03/06/2015, 12:59 PM
W o W...just WOW. I get it now. And I wish to apologize for ever jerk'n yer chain dude.

Now that I have it figured out, I feel badly for ever being mean.

Hope things eventually get better with regard to your condition, and that you are able to live a happy & peaceful life.
Do you EVER stop being a D'bag. (That was rhetorical by the way...hence no question mark). ;)

I WOULD have at least been willing to continue this "discussion" if you hadn't proven it obvious by now that the problem from the very start had been your lack of understanding of the accepted meaning of the term "knock-off".

If you'd been keeping up with the conversation, you'd have realized that my first comment was a response to the OP's post, and the next response was to those (including you) who were under the impression that the article was saying the VX's themselves were fakes.

As it is though, you decided to run with, and then double-down on, your OWN misunderstanding and try to make it seem like a misunderstanding on my part...as you ALWAYS do, and are STILL TRYING to do.

Not that that's anything new with you though.

circmand
03/06/2015, 01:14 PM
Do you EVER stop being a D'bag. (That was rhetorical by the way...hence no question mark). ;)

I WOULD have at least been willing to continue this "discussion" if you hadn't proven it obvious by now that the problem from the very start had been your lack of understanding of the accepted meaning of the term "knock-off".

If you'd been keeping up with the conversation, you'd have realized that my first comment was a response to the OP's post, and the next response was to those (including you) who were under the impression that the article was saying the VX's themselves were fakes.

As it is though, you decided to run with, and then double-down on, your OWN misunderstanding and try to make it seem like a misunderstanding on my part...as you ALWAYS do, and are STILL TRYING to do.

What you are accusing him of his exactly what you did to my post. Unbunch the panties dude and lighten up.

dietz99vcross
03/06/2015, 07:11 PM
Looks like the rematch has begun, Don't back down I look forward to some entertainment until the snow finally melts.

VX KAT
03/06/2015, 08:47 PM
Looks like the rematch has begun, Don't back down I look forward to some entertainment until the snow finally melts.

x2 yeah, been a long time! :flame2:
dietz, you getting the popcorn, or shall I? :laughing:

djvx
03/06/2015, 09:01 PM
Dude, I mean DUB; tread lightly son, lightly...remember the last time!!! Gotta admit though, a knock-off VX is kinda flattering...:_confused

Honestly, had to look up RIF... Reading Is Fundamental, good one!:rotate:

I thought RIF was just short for Riff Raff the Tire God.

LittleBeast
03/07/2015, 06:48 AM

Oh Trekie..... You can never admit you might be just a little wrong can you? I agree with LDub and the original posters view of the article. In my opinion any VehiCross not built in Japan by Isuzu directly is a Chinese Knock off. Doesn't matter to me if there was a contract or if kits were sent out by Isuzu or if Isuzu is a partial owner of the company that assembled the kits in China, still a knock off in my opinion, and LDubs opinion and the original poster's opinion. Just because you didn't read the article that way and obviously don't have the same definition for a knock-off product as some of us, does not mean anyone is wrong or right. It just proves that you have a different opinion and a different definition then many people here. Which that fact has been proven many many times on this site over and over again in various different threads.

What is sad to me is that once again you have proven yourself too immature to have a different opinion and still respect others while expressing yourself. That is great that you think the article proves that these Chinese assembled kits from Isuzu are NOT knock-offs, but LDub, the original poster, myself, and I am sure others do NOT AGREE WITH YOU. Your opinion of the article and your definition of Knock-off are not the gold standard. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but once again you immediately get defensive and try to prove how perfect your opinion is, when quite frankly it is never that cut and dry. Lots of middle ground that you have historically not been willing to admit even exists. I will not respond back to you so feel free to have the last word, just know that you are typically the one that gets defensive, and always has to show other people how wrong they are, and always feels that your opinion immediately trumps others views. This elitist attitude that you have just does not fit in here and thus you will always get push back from members here, simply from your historically bad attitude towards others and their opinions. I already know the defense for yourself that is coming and how you will quote me and tear everything I say apart word for word, and honestly I just don't care. I know plenty of people like you who think they can never be wrong, and communication with you has been futile and always will be pointless, so this will be my only post here. Enjoy your world where you are always right, if you ever want to join us where all of us screw up and say things wrong and respect others opinions/points of view instead of instantly defending ourselves feel free.

I thought RIF was just short for Riff Raff the Tire God.

To be honest I thought the same thing at first, but I am glad it was further explained ;-)

VX KAT
03/07/2015, 09:28 AM
yeah, what LittleBeast said! x10000000! :thumbup:

siemprelisto
03/07/2015, 10:56 AM
yeah, what VX KAT said! x10000001!

kach22i
03/07/2015, 07:09 PM
I wonder how many nail polish pink ones they are going to sell.:confused:

Marlin
03/08/2015, 03:50 PM
Enough with the drama, where the hell do I get one? I want a Chinese Knock off VX, I have had great luck with direct order from china, HIDs, 6 yrs and still on the orginal bulbs, same with the backup camera/monitor kit and so on. I would roll the dice on an entire truck!:bgwb:

VXR
03/10/2015, 08:18 AM
see I thought the article said it was a Mexican knock-off:_thinking:_thinking

Y33TREKker
03/14/2015, 06:06 AM
What you are accusing him of his exactly what you did to my post. Unbunch the panties dude and lighten up.
It was interesting that when I turned Dubs comments back around on him to see how he liked being addressed in that way, you only went after me and gave him a free pass.

Y33TREKker
03/14/2015, 06:07 AM
yeah, what LittleBeast said! x10000000! :thumbup:

yeah, what VX KAT said! x10000001!
And the parroting peanut gallery returns...

Y33TREKker
03/14/2015, 06:08 AM
Oh Trekie..... You can never admit you might be just a little wrong can you? I agree with LDub and the original posters view of the article. In my opinion any VehiCross not built in Japan by Isuzu directly is a Chinese Knock off. Doesn't matter to me if there was a contract or if kits were sent out by Isuzu or if Isuzu is a partial owner of the company that assembled the kits in China, still a knock off in my opinion, and LDubs opinion and the original poster's opinion. Just because you didn't read the article that way and obviously don't have the same definition for a knock-off product as some of us, does not mean anyone is wrong or right. It just proves that you have a different opinion and a different definition then many people here. Which that fact has been proven many many times on this site over and over again in various different threads.

What is sad to me is that once again you have proven yourself too immature to have a different opinion and still respect others while expressing yourself. That is great that you think the article proves that these Chinese assembled kits from Isuzu are NOT knock-offs, but LDub, the original poster, myself, and I am sure others do NOT AGREE WITH YOU. Your opinion of the article and your definition of Kock-off are not the gold standard. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but once again you immediately get defensive and try to prove how perfect your opinion is, when quite frankly it is never that cut and dry. Lots of middle ground that you have historically not been willing to admit even exists. I will not respond back to you so feel free to have the last word, just know that you are typically the one that gets defensive, and always has to show other people how wrong they are, and always feels that your opinion immediately trumps others views. This elitist attitude that you have just does not fit in here and thus you will always get push back from members here, simply from your historically bad attitude towards others and their opinions. I already know the defense for yourself that is coming and how you will quote me and tear everything I say apart word for word, and honestly I just don't care. I know plenty of people like you who think they can never be wrong, and communication with you has been futile and always will be pointless, so this will be my only post here. Enjoy your world where you are always right, if you ever want to join us where all of us screw up and say things wrong and respect others opinions/points of view instead of instantly defending ourselves feel free.

To be honest I thought the same thing at first, but I am glad it was further explained ;-)
Interesting that you referred to these being opinions so much, that no ones was ever "right or wrong", but STILL immediately said mine was the one that was wrong. ;)

Y33TREKker
03/14/2015, 06:09 AM
In short, you know that thing that some of you ALWAYS do when you get together to try to make me look immature and stupid, but in the end by trying way too hard to do that you only end up making yourselves look immature and stupid instead?

Well you're doing it again.

Ldub
03/14/2015, 10:47 PM
In short, you know that thing that some of you ALWAYS do when you get together to try to make me look immature and stupid, but in the end by trying way too hard to do that you only end up making yourselves look immature and stupid instead?

Well you're doing it again.

Yes...yes....certainly.....I see what you're saying, and you make an interesting point.

Very well then.....:yesgray:

evillecutter
03/15/2015, 03:40 PM
i wonder if this is how so many made it to russia...

ben-man
03/16/2015, 06:59 AM
...your definition of Kock-off are not the gold standard

LOL... you said kock-off... WHA HA HA!!! oh wait, was that too immature?:bwgy:

Y33TREKker
03/28/2015, 07:07 AM
Yes...yes....certainly.....I see what you're saying, and you make an interesting point.

Very well then.....:yesgray:
Oh really.

Speaking of seeing what you're saying then, I wonder if you ever actually went back and looked at the relatively minor observation I made when first starting to comment in this thread, and the over-the-top, nit-picky comments you made about my comment when YOU first started commenting in this thread to try once again to start stirring up drama.

Simply seeing the comments in and of themselves also makes an interesting point.

rowhard
03/28/2015, 10:00 AM
sorry but it seems like your the one holding the spoon

VX KAT
03/28/2015, 10:17 AM
And the parroting peanut gallery returns...

hmmm...somehow I missed your post above. Don't recall getting an email notification on it either....I guess I was just busy with my life and not spending my valuable time analyzing someone elses post/s.

"Oh really"......I'm not parroting anything, and I've told you before I only post these comments when I agree 100% with the person's post I'm referencing.

Oh really.

Speaking of seeing what you're saying then, I wonder if you ever actually went back and looked at the relatively minor observation I made when first starting to comment in this thread, and the over-the-top, nit-picky comments you made about my comment when YOU first started commenting in this thread to try once again to start stirring up drama.

Simply seeing the comments in and of themselves also makes an interesting point.

Seriously?.....14 days since he posted.....and who's stirring the pot?

Y33TREKker
03/28/2015, 02:35 PM
hmmm...somehow I missed your post above. Don't recall getting an email notification on it either....I guess I was just busy with my life and not spending my valuable time analyzing someone elses post/s.

"Oh really"......I'm not parroting anything, and I've told you before I only post these comments when I agree 100% with the person's post I'm referencing.

Seriously?.....14 days since he posted.....and who's stirring the pot?
Yes seriously. Not everyone lives on this site like some of you seem to.

Just so we have this straight though KAT, based on both his and my initial comments that I just referred to, it was Dub who was obviously stirring the pot first, but even after this long, you're STILL deciding to overlook THAT and try to blame me now?

So the answer to your second question about who's stirring the pot now?

You.

VX KAT
03/28/2015, 09:00 PM
Yes seriously. Not everyone lives on this site like some of you seem to.

Just so we have this straight though KAT, based on both his and my initial comments that I just referred to, it was Dub who was obviously stirring the pot first, but even after this long, you're STILL deciding to overlook THAT and try to blame me now?

So the answer to your second question about who's stirring the pot now?

You.

Very well then.....:yeso:

Ldub
03/30/2015, 04:48 AM

LMAO...where's the "Like" icon for me to clik... :laughing:

AFWIW T-bag, they were talking about the whole truck, NOT just the licence plate.

"Looks like you're tha 1 holding the spoon"...looks like you're in good humor there John...LOL :thumbup:

And to be frank, I feel kinda honored that it took two weeks for him to call me a D-bag...that shows that there was no small amount of thought that went into the attempt... :flower: . :thanx: I appreciate that kind of thoughtfulness & effort. :heart:

rowhard
03/30/2015, 09:18 AM
"Looks like you're tha 1 holding the spoon"...looks like you're in good humor there John...LOL :thumbup:

well, I tried to say it in the nicest possible way at least :drama:

dietz99vcross
03/30/2015, 05:26 PM
As I said earlier I looked forward to the brawl until the snow melted, well it is gone and thanks for the entertainment, but it is getting a little repetitive. I expect more moving forward, otherwise I will be forced to go outside and do house work, so I am counting on you guys and gals stepping it up.

Let me stir the kettle.

I too believe the author of the original article is referring to the license plate as being fake.

I believe the original poster of this thread is implying the possibility of knock off VX's existing due to the incredulous piracy practices of the Chinese.

Based on the original plans by Isuzu to produce the ceramic dies, thus allowing quicker production of the stamping dies, and thus limiting the production run of the vx, I seriously doubt that any vx's were ever built in china.

I believe this is simply a vx imported to china from the us, with a fake license plate.

No go out there and started beating each other up some more because the snow is gone but it is still cold out there.

Triathlete
03/30/2015, 06:26 PM
Dietz...if you are bored, here is a thread that should keep you entertained for a very long time...enjoy! You're welcome :D
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat-classics/399203-d60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html#/forumsite/21027/topics/399203

dietz99vcross
03/30/2015, 07:16 PM
Wow. Guess maybe I should just go outside and clean the truck. I'll save that link for a rainy day.

Thanks - Mike.

Triathlete
03/30/2015, 07:49 PM
Makes these "arguements" seem like amateur hour :)

tom4bren
03/31/2015, 06:21 AM
Why believe this:

The VehiCROSS was manufactured from 1997 until 2001. It was produced on two locations: by Isuzu in Fujisawa in Japan, and by Qingling Motors in Chongqing, China ... Qingling Motors (wiki, website) makes various Isuzu vehicles for the Chinese market, including light trucks and several SUV’s. Isuzu has a 20% stake in the company. The VehiCROSS was assembled from kits coming from Japan (CKD).

When they also said this:

In Japan Isuzu manufactured 5958 examples. 4153 went to the U.S. and 1805 stayed in Japan. The rest of the world got nothing, except for China, that is.

I guess our brethren in England, Australia, Russia, Canada, etc bought stolen ones on the black market???

bartmanS4
03/31/2015, 09:18 AM
Dietz...if you are bored, here is a thread that should keep you entertained for a very long time...enjoy! You're welcome :D
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat-classics/399203-d60-rear-4-88s-35-spline.html#/forumsite/21027/topics/399203

Damn you Tri! This stuff is gold and a serious time suck! How did I ever get through the '00's without ever hearing about Charlie Wenzel??? :laughing:

VXorado
03/31/2015, 11:19 AM

Good read (and a huge time suck). :laughing:

VXorado
03/31/2015, 11:27 AM
I got caught up in this Pirate thread a couple months ago. It starts getting really good around page 6. :naughty:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/bad-sellers-disputes-etc/803965-jaydog-avoid-guy-6.html

:thumbup:

Triathlete
03/31/2015, 02:09 PM
I followed the Wenzel follies as it happened. The server took such a huge load over that weekend that it shut down. It was epic :)

Y33TREKker
04/11/2015, 12:07 PM
LMAO...where's the "Like" icon for me to clik... :laughing:

AFWIW T-bag, they were talking about the whole truck, NOT just the licence plate.

And to be frank, I feel kinda honored that it took two weeks for him to call me a D-bag...that shows that there was no small amount of thought that went into the attempt... :flower: . :thanx: I appreciate that kind of thoughtfulness & effort. :heart:
As far as when the whole truck or license plate was being discussed, you (along with a few other people here) really need to work on your reading comprehension skills before you jump into these threads as you do, because whether you want to admit it or not, it's STILL you "holding the spoon" on that overall misinterpretation.

So the only thing you've verified here once again is your D'bag status.

Y33TREKker
04/11/2015, 12:10 PM

How original...as usual. :rolly:

Y33TREKker
04/11/2015, 12:11 PM
well, I tried to say it in the nicest possible way at least :drama:
If only you'd also been correct about who was "holding the spoon".

tom4bren
04/13/2015, 10:02 AM
So the only thing you've verified here once again is your D'bag status.

Not the way I read it:)

bartmanS4
04/13/2015, 11:09 AM
Not the way I read it:)

+1

eternal21
05/07/2015, 11:45 PM
Would the country of origin tag on the door jamb reflect Japan if the vehicle was assembled in China?

-V

Easiest way to find out the plant of manufacture:

https://isuzusource.com/v2/service_technical/vin_lookup/index.php

My truck was made @ the Fujisawa plant.

Vendetta
05/08/2015, 07:12 AM
Easiest way to find out the plant of manufacture:

https://isuzusource.com/v2/service_technical/vin_lookup/index.php

My truck was made @ the Fujisawa plant.

Neat little decoder, thanks. My VX was also made at Fujisawa.

-V