PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Blower Issues

ZeroSix
03/01/2015, 07:16 PM
My Cabin Blower died the other day...
- Checked that the fuse in the hood. popped. Changed.
- Did it again the next morning. Changed.
- Realized it might have been the remote start when I leave the blower on.
- Now the blower will only turn on on Max setting and nothing else in between.

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance

Lizardmen3477
03/02/2015, 10:08 AM
Mine recently just did the same thing popped fuse an only works on max now that i have replaced the fuse. i believe the resistor is bad from reading up on it. my next thing to replace when i have time

twostep1n2
03/02/2015, 12:32 PM
You are correct the resister is bad. it is behind the glove box. There are two types 1999 has one that has three resisters giving you 4 fan speeds. The 2000 and 2001 have a variable unit. For the 2000 to 2001 it is $139. if you look up the 2002 Axiom the same part it is around $60. I bought the Axion part and that was three years ago and all is good.

hope this helps.

ZeroSix
03/02/2015, 01:15 PM
Thank you!

Any idea on part number or official name?
I have a 99.. DO i have to stick to the model year on this part?

tysamigo
03/02/2015, 04:13 PM
On a related subject...

I've noticed my fan blower does not put much air out of the vents. I've wanted to know if I can get a more powerful motor/fan? I have replaced the resistor before and I've taken the plastic fan blade out and cleaned it before, but same result... poor air flow.

Can I use a more powerful motor somehow or use one from a different Isuzu truck? Are they all compatible?

Ty

Makocross
03/02/2015, 04:24 PM
Mine had pitiful airflow. I could hear the motor running on full but no airflow. I thought the blower must've separated from the motor. I removed the glove box and stuck my hand in there(without the motor running). I put my hand in what was left of a rodent's nest. He had taken a roll of paper towels I had in the back and converted them into a nest in the middle of the squirrel cage. It wasn't messy or smelly so I guess he never had a chance to live in it. But I would've given anything to see the look on his face when I turned on the motor. A shop vac made short work of the mess and it's been working great ever since. Probably not your cause of restricted airflow
Mike

twostep1n2
03/02/2015, 08:50 PM
Thank you!

Any idea on part number or official name?
I have a 99.. DO i have to stick to the model year on this part?

The 99 is the one with a 5 pin plug. and is around $45 the 2000-2001 has a 3 pin connector.http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1355879&parttype=6557&ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=k73mkcj56umptprhbnbslu04c2