PDA

View Full Version : No all wheel drive

p_justin13
01/27/2015, 06:05 AM
Has anyone lost their all wheel drive, out hunting last weekend and almost got stuck in a field. Rears just kept spinng but no front tire movement in 4h or 4low
The tod on the dash was showing the tires were moving or sending power to them no error codes. Some sort of electrical issue? Or front drivetrain?

VXorado
01/27/2015, 06:25 AM
Could be a number of things but it's mechanical since your 4wd didn't work in 4low.

I would start by checking if the front driveshaft is spinning when the VX is in 4low. If so, you can rule out the t-case and move up to the front axle/half-shafts. If the front driveshaft doesn't spin, there's something wrong with the t-case itself.

p_justin13
02/09/2015, 05:30 AM
Just wondering, haven't had a chance to get up on the blocks to see if drive shaft to front is still rotating in drive but have noticed that the tod display on the dash for the front wheels hasn't gone above one bar and has shown no bars alot of the time.. could this just be a sensor issue?

VXorado
02/09/2015, 06:06 AM
Just wondering, haven't had a chance to get up on the blocks to see if drive shaft to front is still rotating in drive but have noticed that the tod display on the dash for the front wheels hasn't gone above one bar and has shown no bars alot of the time.. could this just be a sensor issue?

Dude, read my above comment. If 4LOW doesn't work...

(4low is all mechanical and has nothing to do with an ECU or sensors)

jmayer40
02/10/2015, 04:28 PM
Mine doesn't show full bars until it's in 4 low. or winter mode...

p_justin13
02/11/2015, 01:53 PM
vxorado: will the driveshaft from the transfer case spin freely with car off in park or rather will only lock into place when 4 wheel is engaged.

jmayer40
02/11/2015, 05:50 PM
I found this here.. Just came across it.... The answer is here http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16195

VXorado
02/11/2015, 07:27 PM
That link has good info. Check for movement with the front axle when you spin the drive-shaft and you may find the problem.

LittleBeast
02/14/2015, 07:33 AM
Same thing happened to me, it was my passenger side CV shaft. The cage that holds the balls in place inside the green cup is known to be a weak point. Just get a new shaft or a used one from a VX and swap out. Easy way to check is to crawl under and grab the CV shaft between the CV boots and try to move it. If it has any significant play or wiggle you have found your problem.