PDA

View Full Version : Tailights (? tone/moncha/whoever)

Apostle
11/30/2003, 03:32 PM
does our tailights match any other isuzu on the market?

thinking maybe rodeo or something.

Dylan19
11/30/2003, 03:43 PM
No im sorry Apostle I'm afraid our taillights are VX specific. The closest thing i've ever observed to ours are perhaps the dodge durango...

Apostle
11/30/2003, 05:02 PM
crap, that blows

wanted to get some of those silver ones, with the red inserts, think they would look good on ours

oh well

WormGod
12/01/2003, 07:21 AM
You mean like the Altezzas? Hmmm, I thought so before Cyrk did some photoshop mockups to see what they would look like, and then I had a change of mind.

IMHO, Altezza style lights look good on the cars that ship with them (Lexus, etc). AFtermarket, they just add to the spicey ricey rack.

Dig up teh mockups Cyrk did. You decide. :)

Dallas4u
12/01/2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by WormGod
IMHO, Altezza style lights look good on the cars that ship with them (Lexus, etc). AFtermarket, they just add to the spicey ricey rack.

Agreed. Too many people wanting their lights to look like others... it got too played out. I would rather mine look as unique as possible, but that is MHO as well.

nyc #1 ironman
12/01/2003, 09:53 AM
Didn't clearcorners.com make some expensive azz led lights for our VX?

WormGod
12/01/2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
Didn't clearcorners.com make some expensive azz led lights for our VX?

Ya. As far as i know, I am the only one that chunked down the change for them. I at least got a deal since they were the prototype, but they are still pricey.

They arent clears, but I did get them darkened/tinted and they feature LED brake and turn signals. The reverse light is optional, but I didnt get that in LED.

I really like them and they are about 300% more visible than the stock set. If you have the money to drop on them and it won't hurt your purse, I say it is a GREAT mod/addition to your VX.

Raque Thomas
12/01/2003, 01:19 PM
Has anyone with a Rodeo/Passport tried their lights to see if they are interchangeable? They sure look similar - but after my mirror debacle, I'm not going to plunk down the money to find out!

Apostle
12/01/2003, 04:07 PM
Worm, understand now, looked at cyrks mock ups

i saw some that had a darker look, wasnt for vx of course, but thought those would look alright, think instead of chrome, it had carbon fiber look. yeah chrome is not what i wanted anyway, wouldnt match

Apostle
12/04/2003, 02:44 PM
saw an Amigo today, looked new, and the tailights look pretty damn much the same as ours, wasnt in my car or i would have pulled right next to it and measured.

anyone look at the new amigos?

johnnyapollo
12/04/2003, 02:56 PM
Not sure about new Amigos. I think last year was the final year of production (they were called "Rodeo Sports" instead of the Amigo). I don't think they are in the Isuzu lineup for the 2005 model year. Seems like I looked at one and discounted it (similar but more angular).

-- John

Apostle
12/04/2003, 03:00 PM
yeah, jsut looked at the isuzu site, no amigos for 2004, so this may have been a 01 or 02, but from what i saw, it was damn close. ill get a better look tommorow, make a template of ours and match it up to it