PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

Thelgord
01/17/2015, 08:18 AM
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to answer my questions. It has been a very informative little journey learning about the VX. I did happen to run into an owner with one, can't remember his name, but he was nice guy and let me give his grey VX a once over.

Over all I am impressed. I think Isuzu did a disservice to off-road community by setting it up for failure. It really is a remarkable vehicle, and I do want one. However, at this time, it is just not in the cards. I will be sticking with my Tacoma for my Alaska trip. Once that is done, I hope to be able to revisit the VX as a weekender.

Thank you all again for your patience and insight.

VXorado
01/17/2015, 08:49 AM
I think Isuzu did a disservice to off-road community by setting it up for failure.

I wouldn't say that... a group of 20-30 of us head to Moab every year. We wheel these VXes & other Isuzus for an entire week and often push them to the limit. It's amazing what a bone stock VX can accomplish off road followed by a 500-1000 mile trip home. Isuzu made a great platform for us and the VX in general is super tough and reliable. There's just enough aftermarket support to keep us going 16 years later.

I still think it's a bad platform for overlanding because of the limited support and size. But it's an awesome platform for real off-roading.

All the best buddy. :thumbup: