PDA

View Full Version : Questions ...

Thelgord
01/13/2015, 07:50 PM
Hello again,

I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to ferret out.

1) What is the "Iron Man" package? What does it include (or exclude)?

2) Just how well does the TOD system work off road compared to say a "normal" 4wd transfer case?

3) Does the TOD system split left/right as well as back/front for delivering power?

4) I have found a locker for the rear, can you get one for the front? I am assuming with enough time or money or a cutting torch anything can be made work ;)

Thanks for any information.

ahdoman
01/13/2015, 10:09 PM
Hello again,

I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to ferret out.

1) What is the "Iron Man" package? What does it include (or exclude)? That's a little confusing because some Vehicross registrations are labelled as Ironman versions. In theory, All "badged" Ironman's were white, had Ironman badging on them and the seats have Ironman labeling as well. I don't think there was any other extra equipment that wasn't available on any Vehicross.

2) Just how well does the TOD system work off road compared to say a "normal" 4wd transfer case?
Depends upon the manufacturer of the transfer case your comparing. Some of the modern versions are pretty trick. The TOD is nice because it's a full time operation that doesn't need to be engaged or disengaged. It's automatic.
3) Does the TOD system split left/right as well as back/front for delivering power?
Just front to rear. Rear diff is an LSD.
4) I have found a locker for the rear, can you get one for the front? I am assuming with enough time or money or a cutting torch anything can be made work ;)
What locker did you find for the rear? There's a couple of companies that make them for the other Isuzu models but the spline count is wrong for the Vehicross.
Thanks for any information. reply

LittleBeast
01/13/2015, 11:36 PM
There are lockers available for the VehiCross. Both Arb and Aussie lockers have been available at some point. Contact Independent4x or watch Pirate4x4 for availability:

www.independent4x.com/Isuzu-Differentials_c_80.html

Thelgord
01/14/2015, 04:54 AM
@ahdoman as LittleBeast said, ARB and Aussie lockers are available. I actually found them on Ebay. I am just not sure if it is compatible with the front diff.

VXorado
01/14/2015, 06:37 AM
I had front & rear ARB lockers installed. Part numbers should be in my build thread.

JoFotoz
01/14/2015, 10:03 AM
Front and Rear Aussie lockers are available for sure....

...I have them :)

Jo