PDA

View Full Version : Possible Yakima & PIAA Group Buy

paultvx
11/14/2002, 12:59 PM
I think I can secure good prices for Yakima and PIAA products through a contact at work.

Right now I have the following Yakima bits to check on:

LoadWarrior
LoadWarrior Light Brackets
LoadWarrior Strecth Net
LoadWarrior Locking Bracket

If you are interested in any Yakima products not shown above... send me an email.

As for PIAA...

I can check up on any PIAA product, send me an email and let me knwo what you want.

Pricing on everything depends on the number of buyers and I expect it to be less than retail in any case. Please send me an email only if you are dead serious about purchasing.

PS - I'd like to get things moving along and wrapped up by the end of next week (the 22nd of Nov.). Sooner I get a completey tally of who wants what, the sooner I can take collections and place the order.

Moncha
11/14/2002, 04:10 PM
Don't forget about the Load Warrior spare tire tie down. It's very easy to add add and doesn't take up room for the times you don't have your spare with you.

paultvx
11/14/2002, 04:45 PM
Right... anything from Yakima or PIAA you are interested but not listed above... please let me know and I'll add the items to my list. Easier to put in one big order at once rather than bunch of small oders over time. Might be able to save more too.

Next Friday 11/22 is the deadline. Once I have a tally of who wants what, I'll email you individually on price and other details.

pault@aaip.net is my email address.

PS - you can still back out once you have the pricing info. I just don't want to get stuck with goods after an order has been placed.

Scott,
I sent you two emails about bulbs... did you get them? Thanks.

Moncha
11/14/2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by paultvx
Scott,
I sent you two emails about bulbs... did you get them? Thanks.

Yep, I answered. Sorry, had a little server troubles..

VX Mark
11/14/2002, 09:45 PM
I'd like to get the PIAA lights that I know some have used to replace the round "parking lights" in front. I don't know the model number, however... do you? If not, I can search some previous vmag posts.

Mark

paultvx
11/14/2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by VX Mark
I'd like to get the PIAA lights that I know some have used to replace the round "parking lights" in front. I don't know the model number, however... do you? If not, I can search some previous vmag posts.

Mark

That would be the PIAA 1200. I think they were dropped from their product line up in 2002. I see a lot of places online are still list them, so I'll check with my source.

Two lens choices are available, clear and ion crystal (yellow-ish? blue-ish? can't remember).

FYI, the 1200 is a driving light. Rather narrow 20 degree beam spread.

VX Mark
11/15/2002, 02:05 PM
Yes, that's the one... Thanks. Please check with your source to see if they are still available. I'll probably go with the ion chrystal, although if you can only get the clear that is ok too.

One question for anyone -- are these lights acceptable on the road to be on with the headlights, or are they too bright/high such that they blind other drivers?

Thanks,
Mark

paultvx
11/17/2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by VX Mark
Yes, that's the one... Thanks. Please check with your source to see if they are still available. I'll probably go with the ion chrystal, although if you can only get the clear that is ok too.

One question for anyone -- are these lights acceptable on the road to be on with the headlights, or are they too bright/high such that they blind other drivers?

Thanks,
Mark

It's my opinion that a 20 degree beam spread is too narrow to be useful in normal driving. The VX's headlights do OK in high beam mode. It's the low beam that offers rather poor coverage. Lights with wider beam spread or fog lamps would be more useful. I have been considering the Catz XSL model driving lights. They call it "driving" but the beam spread is said to be 75 degrees. They measure 2-5/8" wide and some 3" deep. So, they should fit like the PIAA 1200s.

There is also the Hella Micro DE, which is a projector fog light measuring 2.5". These are the fog lights that are offered as factory items on many late model VWs and Audis.

Unfortunately, I can't get special pricing on Catz or Hella products.

VX Mark
11/17/2002, 06:48 PM
Ok... I'd still like to find out the pricing for the PIAAs, when you get to it, though.

Thanks,
Mark

Moncha
11/17/2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by paultvx

There is also the Hella Micro DE, which is a projector fog light measuring 2.5". These are the fog lights that are offered as factory items on many late model VWs and Audis.

The Hella Micro DE's are OEM on the Axiom also.. Isuzu wants way to much for them though...

paultvx
11/18/2002, 11:13 AM
www.rallylights.com has the DE for $130.

carlymac
11/19/2002, 06:37 AM
hey paultvx, I am interested in the loadwarrior accessories, especially the locking diddle. If you come up with a price list I would like to know. many of the yakima products are on my list for santa. So the sooner the better. email ;pr;

carlymac
11/25/2002, 11:18 AM
Hey paulvx any word yet?
email me when you know prices etc...

paultvx
11/27/2002, 02:00 AM
Workin' on it. Will send out a mass email when I hear back from source.