PDA

View Full Version : Time to dust off the ol' girl...

Vendetta
12/30/2014, 02:42 PM
Hey gang!

Been a while since I've chimed in here, sorry 'bout that.

2014's been pretty hectic for me. Moved (again), got engaged, got married, got some more clients, got some more stress, got some more gray hair, etc., etc. Net net though, it's been a great year and I hope all my friends here can say the same.

I've barely driven my VX this past year. Instead I let my wrench take his time sorting out issues mostly related to the supercharger, including installing an upgraded fuel pump. Now that they're ironed out (for now), it's time to get her dressed for winter.

It's been a long journey getting my VX where I want it to be, but it's a labor of love, and since I've got no plans to sell it ever, I've been taking my time with it. She's currently in the body shop for some TLC on the cladding, hood insert, and some custom badging. And maybe some additional lighting. We'll see.

Of course, pics will be posted at the roll-out.

Hope you guys are all doing great. I'm gonna read a bunch now and catch up as best I can.

-V

JoFotoz
12/30/2014, 03:43 PM
DUDE!!!

Been too long... great to hear yer alive :_steering

AND MARRIED..congrats :thumbup:

:_beer:

jo

Vendetta
12/30/2014, 04:16 PM
Jo! What's up brotherman? I just knew you'd be at the front of the welcoming committee. :)

I've been driving "the yellow car" this past summer - and couldn't leave well enough alone (like, ever). Did some big work to it and now it's even more ridiculously ridiculous.

But with the cold weather, it's time to get serious!!! VX ALL DAY! Engine is finally right, no codes. Still not as powerful as I'd like... but I'm kinda jaded.

I've got a bunch of lighting that I'd like to get done, but if it's a matter of getting it back in time for the first big snow, I'll take it without.

Saw you sold the Proton! So help me out here, does that leave you with just the ORW or do you still have another one floating around?

Good to see you, man. Been way too long! I can see how people make wedding planning a full-time gig.

-V

JoFotoz
12/30/2014, 05:01 PM
For you.......

http://images.playboy.com/playboy-digital/image/fetch/s--CMosDQJQ--/c_limit%2Ch_480%2Cq_80%2Cw_520%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fimag es.contentful.com%2Fogz4nxetbde6%2F2jUbjEs2LiSwCGI 2iAgAoW%2Fee0c76053756b17550f25846349941cb%2F01-humor-funny-bumper-stickers.jpg

Still have an 'almost' stripped down spares VX in the garage...
..otherwise just the ORW as of now.

Your 'Yellow car'.... is good wife bait..... :jump:

Cheers

Jo

VX KAT
12/30/2014, 05:38 PM
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats V - WoW...quite a busy year!

Good to hear yer keyboard/smartphone a clickin' again!

Vendetta
12/31/2014, 08:14 AM
Your 'Yellow car'.... is good wife bait..... :jump:

Cheers

Jo
The irony is that I knew her before the car. She's been such a patient lass, dealing with my procrastination - and my obsession with sporty 4-wheeled toys. So I bought her red one and suddenly it's not such a problem. LOL

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats V - WoW...quite a busy year!

Good to hear yer keyboard/smartphone a clickin' again!

KAT! Great to see you! Hope all's well on your end. Looking forward to catching up soon.

-V

VXorado
12/31/2014, 08:24 AM
Hey been a while V.

Welcome (back) to the jungle!

Vendetta
12/31/2014, 08:31 AM
Sup, 'Rado! Good to see you man. Gonna check your build thread for what's new.

Any other threads on the "must see" list? Cool builds, ideas, pics, entertaining drama... send 'em my way. ;)

-V

VXorado
12/31/2014, 08:49 AM
Well, I can send you the on-going new-member threads on CV replacement if you'd like. You probably missed out on at least a few dozen. :_brickwal

On a more serious note, here's a good thread for you to review. Make sure to RSVP as attending+1.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26236

By the way, congrats on getting married!!!!

:dance:

nocturnalVX
12/31/2014, 09:22 AM
Here's to a good year, and an even better 2015!

Vendetta
12/31/2014, 09:22 AM
Well, I can send you the on-going new-member threads on CV replacement if you'd like. You probably missed out on at least a few dozen. :_brickwal

On a more serious note, here's a good thread for you to review. Make sure to RSVP as attending+1.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26236

By the way, congrats on getting married!!!!

:dance:

That glass is half full, bro. New member CV threads means new members. Plus, new members implies new owners, meaning new interest. Not bad for 15-year old rigs.

By the way, I've met up with ALC1717 in the real world, and his VX is in such amazing condition you'd swear it were a late model release. Our truck's design still holds up!

Will take a serious look at the calendar for Moab!

And thanks for the warm wishes, everyone. I landed a good one.

-V

tom4bren
01/02/2015, 07:26 AM
Welcome back V

Glad you had a great year ... albeit a busy one.

Best o' luck on the mods & grats on the weddings.

Vendetta
01/02/2015, 08:16 AM
Thanks, Tom! Good to see you, hope you had great holidays and the new year is off to a great start!

-V

Mile High VX
01/02/2015, 10:01 AM
Welcome back sir...

You've been missed.

Vendetta
01/02/2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks Mile High, means a lot - being honest.

You'll believe me when I tell you that I've missed being here, too. This forum is so unique - like our beloved VX's - I felt guilty for neglecting the friendships I've made here. Can't say that about any other forum I've ever been on.

So to all you feel-y types out there (of which I can be one from time to time), sorry about that!

-V

Ldub
01/06/2015, 07:44 AM
Sup Brutha...:_beer:

Glad to see you're still kick'n it around tha sun in a yearly cycle.

Big GRATZ on the marriage, and a year well spent... :thumbup:

May all the best flow your way in the coming year !!!

Vendetta
01/06/2015, 08:13 AM
There he is! What goes on, Brutha Dub?! Great to see you man, and thanks for the warm welcome back. I definitely pulled my share of shenanigans in 2014 but yeah, on balance it was pretty darned good. It's all about leaving room for improvement. ;)

Hope the same goes - it'll be good to catch up soon bro!

-V

Ldub
01/06/2015, 08:33 AM
Patricia & I are still very happily nuptualated... :dance:

VX is still in her private room, waiting on Dr Dub to complete her wrench surgery...back troubles & procrastination make for a bad VX dad... :(

Mom & Daddy Leonard still kick'n (both turn'd 90 this yr.) but are starting to lose traction in tha attic.

Other'n than that, life rolls along on a pretty even keel.. :yesgray:

Jheyson VX
01/06/2015, 08:33 AM
Hello Vendetta,

It has been a long time since I saw your postings on the site . Good to hear you are back .
Gustavo from NY sold his VX . By the way , if you ever pass by New Jersey let me know since I would like to see the moods you did to your VX .
Welcome back !

Vendetta
01/06/2015, 08:44 AM
Hello Vendetta,

It has been a long time since I saw your postings on the site . Good to hear you are back .
Gustavo from NY sold his VX . By the way , if you ever pass by New Jersey let me know since I would like to see the moods you did to your VX .
Welcome back !

You got it, man. A buddy of mine recently got a place in Fort Lee, so I'll ping you next time I'm out that way once my VX is all buttoned up. I heard about Gussie! He'd been thinking about selling for a long time - guess he finally pulled the trigger! Wonder what he got to replace it?

Patricia & I are still very happily nuptualated... :dance:

VX is still in her private room, waiting on Dr Dub to complete her wrench surgery...back troubles & procrastination make for a bad VX dad... :(

Mom & Daddy Leonard still kick'n (both turn'd 90 this yr.) but are starting to lose traction in tha attic.

Other'n than that, life rolls along on a pretty even keel.. :yesgray:

Excellent! Love to Patricia! And here I thought I had the market cornered on procrastination. At least that's what my now-wife has been saying for the better part of 10 years. :eekgray:

I hear ya on the folks. At 90, they didn't get robbed, brutha.

Get yerself sorted and start wrenching already. It's what you do.

-V

Scott Larson
01/09/2015, 08:04 AM
V-man, been a while dude, for you and for me! Congrats on the nuptials, you clicked off the safety and pulled the trigger, sounds like you scored a bullseye. Glad you're more then alive and kickin', that goes for your VX too. Now if I could just get my own poop in a group...Welcome back to the addiction!:cool!:

Vendetta
01/09/2015, 08:54 AM
Scott-o! What goes on, dude? Good to see you here, too. How's your rig? I can't wait to get my VX back - I'm kinda doing what I do (in other words, act irresponsably impuslive) and going the distance with a complete re-do of the exterior. I'll post some pics shortly. In the meantime, here's one of me 'n' the "bullseye!"

-V

tom4bren
01/09/2015, 09:06 AM
In the meantime, here's one of me 'n' the "bullseye!"

-V

Pretty girl ... looks like you got the better end of the deal!!!!

VX KAT
01/09/2015, 09:12 AM
Pretty girl ... looks like you got the better end of the deal!!!!

What he said! ;)

Vendetta
01/09/2015, 09:17 AM
I know, right??? It's amazing what you can get a chick to say on the altar when you're wearing a tux. ;)

-V

JoFotoz
01/09/2015, 10:29 AM
I gots ta get me some assless chaps....

...if they attract lovely ladies like that :rolleyes:

Well played Sir...

:clap:

Jo

Vendetta
01/09/2015, 10:57 AM
LOLOL Jo!:laughgray

Can't blame a chick for appreciating da style!

Ah... this banter brings back memories of sitting in the hotel at Dub's nups. Need to pour me a Jack and light up a bummed smoke. :_beer:

-V

Vendetta
01/09/2015, 11:17 AM
Some work-in-progress pics...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/20141223_143539_Android.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/20141223_143604_Android.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/image140.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/image710.JPG

-V

Scott Larson
01/09/2015, 04:56 PM
Heck, yer goin' the extra mile on your rig! By the way V, that's not just a bullseye, she's a trophy...Well done sir!:_beer:

Vendetta
01/10/2015, 07:01 AM
Heck, yer goin' the extra mile on your rig! By the way V, that's not just a bullseye, she's a trophy...Well done sir!:_beer:

My VX has been very good to me over the years. Sure we've had our differences, but in the end we are meant for each other, so she deserves me going that extra mile.

Now repeat that exactly, only this time about wifey... :yesgray:

AND she's a pretty cool chick, too. So yeah, it's kinda like Tom said.

-V

Ldub
01/12/2015, 11:47 PM
Well played on all counts Brutha V...:yes:

tom4bren
01/13/2015, 05:20 AM
Nice nerf bars. Looks like someone did a helluva install on them!!!:):):)