PDA

View Full Version : **Call for Trucks: Colorado Calendar Shoot**

twalker920
12/28/2014, 10:48 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting a headstart on doing photos for Jo's 2016 calendar. Since Jo lives in sunny San Diego, I want to do some snow shoots, so I need to plan now for this. I would like 2-3 other trucks (I'll be using mine too) and I have 2-3 models who are already interested (ok, excited) to do some pics.

I'm hoping to get something going late Feb, early March, but it's going to be up to the availability of trucks...and the right weather. I hope to have sunshine and snow so our lovely models don't freeze to death too fast.

PM me if you're interested and we'll start doing some planning. We don't all have to shoot at once - we have plenty of time.

Also, don't worry...no girls on hoods (unless you put them there).

Happy Holidays!

Tom

Otwobme
12/29/2014, 09:01 AM
count me in...

Mile High VX
12/29/2014, 04:09 PM
I'm in...

MSHardeman
12/29/2014, 04:53 PM
Tom, I could get in on that. If you and the model(s) want to head to the Aspen valley I'm sure that we could find a few cool spots for a shoot. If you wait until a little later in the year Independence pass might be open and there are a couple of area's up that way that are nice. We could also head over to some of the "ghost towns" on the Buena Vista area for some great back drops.

VXorado
12/30/2014, 06:25 AM
I've been in the calender a few times and have no problem letting my VX sit out this year. The shoots are pretty fun, so count me in regardless... I'll volunteer to be the oil boy.

:_beer:

Bird Dog 36
12/30/2014, 08:11 AM
Tom, I'm currently finishing up on lifting my Iron Man, and still going over my Tire options; so, I would definitely be interested in being part of the shoot. I have a cabin near Mt. Evans, that we could use as a base/ meeting point if need be. And it is only about 40 mins from Denver.

twalker920
12/30/2014, 12:04 PM
Great ideas guys! We can definitely plan for later this winter/early spring.

In the meantime PM me your contact info and I'll make a list of who's participating. Jon...not sure we'll need oil...definitely need warm drinks though!

This is going to be fun :)

JoFotoz
12/30/2014, 04:00 PM
Awesome Tom :thumbup:

Some VX's playing in the snow...
...with some "snow bunnies" would be great :clap:

Was talking with VX Doc today... he's very interested..
..I pointed him this way.

He has models too :dance:

Many thanks for doing this, the calendar is truly becoming a great team effort.

Cheers

Jo

VXorado
12/31/2014, 08:27 AM
Jon...not sure we'll need oil...definitely need warm drinks though!

I don't know... every VX needs a good oil boy. We sure burn enough of it.

Drinks sound good too although, skip the warm drinks and onto the the HOT Bloody Marys!!! :thumbup:

twalker920
04/19/2015, 08:58 AM
Hey guys, sorry I've been radio silent on this. It's been a tough year for me so far with family stuff and knee problems of my own. That and we really didn't get a lot of snow to shoot in.

So it looks like we're missing the snow shoots, but I'll try to do a shoot anyway during the summer months. I have a list of the folks that were interested in having their VXs in shots, so I'll let you know when I can start to schedule things. We don't need to do all shoots in one day.

I'll keep you posted. Sorry we didn't get any winter ones done.