PDA

View Full Version : Re: TV...

ameetw
11/29/2003, 04:27 PM
Hi... As you all know, the japanese Vx comes with Tv tuner in it. It may work well in Japan, but the frequency is out in Malaysia.
For those of you in UK, Can you watch the TV programs?
Anyone heard of a FM 10 Khz Step-up? This is used in Malaysia to step-up the Japanese FM by 10Khz. This allows you to use the radio and it works fine.
Is there such a thing for the TV signal?

Thanks

WyrreJ
11/29/2003, 08:08 PM
According to this page of TV standards (http://www.vhsdubs.com/standard.htm) Japan's TV broadcast standard is NTSC (like the USA) and Malaysia is PAL (like the UK). Unless the tuner is multi-standard, which is unlikely especially in a car, you are out of lluck.

David Wiltshire
11/30/2003, 03:06 AM
Hi Ameetw,
Wyrrej must have it right because I have had no luck with the TV tuner. Also the sat nav shows a picture of Japan (at least I think it is) the guys who repaired my unit said that the new Clarion sat nav system could be adapted for it but at a cost. So in view of the traffic situation here in the U.K. (gridlock at certain times) I decided to buy a Trafficmaster and a top of the range radar detector which worked out cheaper and besides I just use a printout from the Microsoft Autoroute.

sam
12/01/2003, 06:11 PM
All you need is a TV tuner, I dont know what manufacturer does it, but I will sure find out.

The DVD player that I have, is a multi-regional one so it plays both PAL and NTSC discs. The tuner would have to be connected through the DVD player to allow the signal to be converted from PAL to NTSC signal...............I think! Well, thats what my local ICE dealer told me!!!!

Anyway, it can be done as I could of had one put in with my ICE, but alas, it costs around $815 for the tuner.

Have a look in my gallery on me ICE.

Regards