PDA

View Full Version : Manual and cladding

cowbellsrock
11/28/2003, 12:14 PM
i have been having some problems getting the service manual from tone's website to work. i have read alot of the troubleshooting posts, but i still get the message saying that the disk is not in the drive. i have clicked on show hidden files also.PLEASE if anyone can tell me step by step what to do let me know.

also i usually use Stoner trim shine on the cladding and it darkens it up and makes it look good, but only for maybe 5 days, does anything work better? i just got some meguiars pro vinyl sealer. anybody tried that.

another note. i just got a porter-cable polisher and used the Meguiars professional line to clean, polish, and wax.

my black vx is looking sharper than ever and no more swirl marks. i would highly recommend this system to anyone.

johnnyapollo
11/28/2003, 12:42 PM
You need to download the software, decompress if it is zipped and burn onto a CD. Then install from the CD and run the software from your CD player. The executable requires a CD to run the content from.

-- Best, John

WyrreJ
11/28/2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by cowbellsrock
i usually use Stoner trim shine on the cladding and it darkens it up and makes it look good, but only for maybe 5 days, does anything work better? i just got some meguiars pro vinyl sealer. anybody tried that. Try mother's back to black. It will take 2 applications, about a day or more apart the first couple of times, but then if you keep it up once or twice a month, it lasts pretty well, even somewhat through rain.

johnnyapollo
11/28/2003, 03:18 PM
I really like Meguire's Endurance product. I use it on both the wheels and the cladding. You will easily get 2 weeks out of it, up to three if you're lucky. It is an oily silicon product, however so you'll get a lot of dust/dirt sticking to it if you're in very dry conditions.

-- John