PDA

View Full Version : Gonna buy another VX

imfraeglasgow
11/21/2014, 07:18 AM
So I moved back home to Florida about a year ago from college in Oregon. Before I moved back I sold my 2000 and when I got back here I bought a VW GTI. I want to grab another VX because damn it I love these trucks lol and I want a second car so I'm not putting too many miles on my GTI. I found an 01 Proton Yellow with only 62k miles on it with the black and grey interior and a 99 Iron man, these are both on my local craigslist. The guy with the proton is asking like $8,500 and the guy with the iron man is asking 7k. Obviously I will haggle with both of these guys but I mean I'm gonna go ahead and assume that both are burning oil, as these do lol, so I'm trying to see if it's worth it to just grab the IM for like 5k or see if I can get the proton for like 6 maybe $6,500. I do really like both of the colors, I'm gonna throw some black wheels like I had before on either one of em and get some mudding tires. IDK what do you all think? Both are in really good condition, the yellow one is in a bit better shape obviously but lets face it these things are meant to get dirty.

tom4bren
11/21/2014, 11:20 AM
Grats & good luck with the purchase.

I'd go with the Proton ... but I'm biased.:)

Cable Bob
11/22/2014, 03:41 PM
That Proton Yellow is down in Miami? Been for sale for a long time. Has to be a reason. I was looking at that one in late Sept. The price is right for the mileage.

imfraeglasgow
11/25/2014, 12:04 PM
That Proton Yellow is down in Miami? Been for sale for a long time. Has to be a reason. I was looking at that one in late Sept. The price is right for the mileage.

Yeah I'm thinking the guy is just too stubborn to budge on the price.

GregMG79
12/09/2014, 06:34 PM
These are both still for sale. Anyone check these out yet?