PDA

View Full Version : Re: ABS light

ameetw
11/26/2003, 03:38 PM
Hi, Glad to see the Forum still going strong. Just came back from the Holidays.
Yesterday, when I washed my Vx, something strange happened. I drove the Vx then suddenly the ABS light came on. It was really weird. I re-booted (Stopped the engine and started it again) the Vx then everything was back to normal.
This is not the first car I'm having giving this problem... Any suggestions besides taking a hair dryer... :) Anyone else having this problem...?

Thanks...

Ameet

WyrreJ
11/26/2003, 06:23 PM
Sorry, no answer, just a smart-ass .sig rebuttal:

Originally posted by ameetw
An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

--George Bernard Shaw

Anita
12/03/2003, 03:03 PM
2K?

I would definitely have someone else look at your VX. You didnt mention if your truck was acting up... or was it only the light coming on?

It wouldnt be the first time a dealer tried to pull a fast one...

AlaskaVX
12/03/2003, 03:33 PM
Were any of you spinning with your VX's? I know that when I go to a parking lot and spin a lot of broadies/donuts the ABS light will come on, only to turn off the next time I start it. I am really curious why it does this! I'm not sure if the ABS still works with the light on but I will try to find out after work today.

ameetw
12/04/2003, 03:30 AM
I asked my mechanic and he told me sometimes it was due to dirty sensors and space between them. I going to have them cleaned. I'll keep you guys posted if it works. Don't wanna spend 2K on this!

Thanks.

HotFlyer
12/04/2003, 05:06 AM
Ameetw,

Do you know the ABS code form the computer?
Please post it and I might be able to give you some insight into your problem.

Howard

Tone
12/04/2003, 07:25 AM
I’ve had the connector in the front wheel wells (that goes to the sensors) come loose and caused an intermittant light. Connector should have been replaced but I would have had to do the whole harness so it is tye-wrapped together and for 4+ yrs I have had no light to come on.

Dirty sensor? Maybe, but it would take a lot of brake dustor mud to obscure these sensors that are tucked up behind the front wheels. I’ve got some of the most dust producing pads on there now (for the past 6 months) and never get a light. I think he’s talking smack...

zadam123
03/14/2004, 06:49 AM
My abs light came on and im getting a code B-12 which he said was a front right holding solenoid. any ideas on haw hard this is to fix and how much it costs?

adam