PDA

View Full Version : blinker issue??

mattferguson14
10/20/2014, 08:12 AM
Not sure if this is a wiring problem or what, but when I put on either turn signal, the lights on my AC controls flash along with the blinker. It doesn't happen when i have the headlights on tho. Anyone ever run into this issue? Couldn't find anything on it in the threads. Thanks in advance.

Triathlete
10/20/2014, 09:16 AM
Did you make sure the blinker fluid reservoir is full? :D

But on the serious side...sounds like a grounding issue. I'd start checking for a loose ground.

mattferguson14
10/20/2014, 10:14 AM
Did you make sure the blinker fluid reservoir is full? :D

But on the serious side...sounds like a grounding issue. I'd start checking for a loose ground.

I checked the blinker fluid and made sure there were enough gigawatts in the flux-capacitor. both were good.. :o

I guess it's not a huge issue, the lights all work. Just a bit annoying.

circmand
10/20/2014, 11:20 AM
But not with VX. It also caused the radio to static each time the blinker blinked. It was a voltage regulator issue.

Y33TREKker
10/20/2014, 05:43 PM
But not with VX. It also caused the radio to static each time the blinker blinked. It was a voltage regulator issue.
I'd second that possibility. You might try having your alternator load tested somewhere.

etlsport
10/20/2014, 08:19 PM
This is usually caused by LED tail lights or faulty trailer wiring (ground usually as mentioned)

Y33TREKker
10/21/2014, 03:56 AM
This is usually caused by LED tail lights or faulty trailer wiring (ground usually as mentioned)
This too, or, it could just be a bad bulb on it's way out somewhere.

Do the flashing A/C control lights occur when your turning either left or right?

mattferguson14
10/21/2014, 08:19 AM
It happens when turning either direction, but does not happen if I have the headlights on. The previous owner installed LED flood lights in the front and a second set of iridescent lights in the front as well. Both are controlled by rocker switches on the dash. There are also blue HID headlights installed. The rear lighting seems to be stock. It is definitely a possibility that the previous owner fouled up a ground when installing everything. It's not a huge issue as all exterior lights function properly, just a little annoying to see my climate control lights flashing at me. lol

tom4bren
10/21/2014, 09:31 AM
With all of the other lighting upgrades the PO did, it's entirely likely that he slipped some LEDs into the brake lights or turn signals. If he did, your fix may be as simple as adding a resistor in line with the LEDs ... or swapping back to regular bulbs.

Like Erik mentioned, more than a few (myself included) chased 'lectricamikle gremlins around & finally found a bad ground on the trailer light adapter. You didn't mention if your VX is so equipped, but it's worth checking.

mattferguson14
10/21/2014, 10:24 AM
It is equipped with a tow package. I'll take a look at the wiring and a peek at the tail light bulbs. Thank you all for your input.

Thanks!