PDA

View Full Version : SoCal off road meetup

ahdoman
10/07/2014, 06:37 PM
I'm planning on going up to the Hungry Valley OHV area in Gorman with a couple of other friends and it would be great to get a good turnout of VX's. Admission to the park I believe is $5. For those who have never done any off-roading this is a great beginners place. Even is you don't want to try anything it will still be a great place to chill and watch others (please note - you will have to drive a groomed dirt fireroad to get in so your VX will get "dusty"). There's a "trials" park area that has everything from simple hill climbs to more advanced frame twisters. If you're coming from LA let's meet at Telly's in Castaic (31703 Castaic Rd Castaic, CA 91384), have some breakfast and drive up from there (there's also a Starbucks in the same parking lot if you're not into good "diner" coffee). The entrance to the park is about 15 minutes up the 5 fwy from Castaic so it's a quick easy drive. If you have any questions please send me a PM or email. Hope to see you all there.
BTW - my house is in Castaic so if anybody needs a place to do fixes or just chill we might end up there after the fun.

JoFotoz
10/07/2014, 07:49 PM
I copied this thread to the Facebook VX page too...

www.facebook.com/groups/32929439606/

Several So Cal VX'ers hang out there.. maybe they'll join in :_steering

Good on ya for organizing this :thumbup:

jo

ahdoman
10/20/2014, 10:47 PM
Anybody interested? Don't be afraid to get your VX a little dirty. If you've never had it off-road this is a great chance to try it in a low stress environment.

ahdoman
10/22/2014, 11:03 PM
Due to lack of interest I'm going to cancel this. Seems like a lot going on right now.

GEVLIN
10/23/2014, 10:55 PM
:(

ahdoman
10/27/2014, 08:38 PM
So Devlin gave me a sad face. I can't have a sad face on one of my posts. It seems that he really wanted to do some off roading. So, I replied to him that I could go on Sunday for a couple of hours. He met me in Castaic and off we went to Hungry Valley. I think he had fun. His VX was really clean (still had the marks from the factory on the frame).

GEVLIN
10/28/2014, 10:36 PM
It was fun :)
Thank you.