PDA

View Full Version : window regulator solution

ScottinMA
09/30/2014, 05:59 AM
Did anyone capture the correct link for the window regulator repair posted years ago that resolved, once and for all, the binding problem we all experience. I've been searching the forum for two days and haven't discovered it yet and wondered whether anyone on here may have made a note of it.

VXorado
09/30/2014, 06:11 AM
I don't beleive there's been an "end all" fix to window binding. Many claims with different results.

I ended up moving the window track forward (worked for me) but I've also seen the use of brackets, bungy cords & silicone. Obetome is working on a system with roller bearings around the center track... seems like a good solution.

ScottinMA
09/30/2014, 02:41 PM
I don't beleive there's been an "end all" fix to window binding. Many claims with different results.

I ended up moving the window track forward (worked for me) but I've also seen the use of brackets, bungy cords & silicone. Obetome is working on a system with roller bearings around the center track... seems like a good solution.

Wow, I thought this was resolved. No wonder I couldn't find "it".

Jheyson VX
10/09/2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the info. very helpful

Wow, I thought this was resolved. No wonder I couldn't find "it".

VXRick
10/09/2014, 10:12 PM

You moved both tracks forward (towards engine)? 1/4"? Bearing stops the widow from falling forward but still drag when weather is cold.