PDA

View Full Version : SoCal meetup? Anybody interested?

ahdoman
09/22/2014, 10:44 PM
Hey all,
I'm posting this here because the Meetup section requires me to put a date on an event and I'm just trying to gauge interest. If I get the interest I'll put an official posting in the meetup section.

Now that the weather seems to be cooling off I'm thinking about a day trip up into Hungry Valley / Gorman National Park (about 15 minutes north on the 5 Fwy from Magic Mountain). There's some real easy fire roads up into the forest. There's also a real great trials area to test out your VX's capabilities and learn what it's capable of. There's everything from simple straight hill climbs to rock crawling. It's no Moab but it's a lot of fun and a great way to learn how to off road. I'd also be willing to host a BBQ afterwards since my house is right off the 5 fwy on the way back into LA.

Let me know if your interested and I'll see about putting a date together.

Lfen
09/23/2014, 05:48 AM
I am interested, can't actually commit till a date is set, but definitely interested.

R&R Adventure
09/23/2014, 06:04 PM
I will make it.

Randy and Rhonda

twostep1n2
09/24/2014, 07:21 AM
Count me in depending on the date.

WebbRacing.com
09/24/2014, 03:36 PM
I'm certainly interested in something like this - also depending upon the date.

On a somewhat related note, is anyone planning to attend the Japanese Class Car Show on Saturday, September 27 at the Queen Mary (http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/)

JoFotoz
09/24/2014, 04:17 PM
Bart is...

On a somewhat related note, is anyone planning to attend the Japanese Class Car Show on Saturday, September 27 at the Queen Mary (http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/)

Here ya go:-

www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=25798

=======

Regarding meet..a bit far for me to go just for the day...
...maybe somehing 1/2 way to San Diego next time?

Jo

ahdoman
09/24/2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks for responding everybody. Since were still a ways out on this, if you reply please suggest a day (Sat, Sun, etc.) that workes best for you. Right now I'm thinking sometime late October / early November before all the holiday madness.

Jo - I'm not familiar enough with anything in between here and San Diego unless there's something around Big Bear. Besides, doesn't the military own all the good land down there? If you want to make the trip you're always welcome to hang at my place.

CrzyFool
09/24/2014, 10:22 PM
I'm down in San Diego so that's a maybe!

JoFotoz
09/25/2014, 09:53 AM
Nothing much down here Steve...

Jo - I'm not familiar enough with anything in between here and San Diego unless there's something around Big Bear. Besides, doesn't the military own all the good land down there? If you want to make the trip you're always welcome to hang at my place.

...other than a great diner with a big parking lot!

The meets we have had in San Diego have been more chat / admire and B/S time..
...and a meal :)

Your offer to hang at your place makes it much more viable.. :thumbup:
I'll keep an eye on this for dates you guys decide on.

Cheers

jo

ahdoman
09/27/2014, 03:24 PM
So how does the weekend of 10/18&19 look or the following weekend; 10/25&26. Obviously it would only be one day I'm just taking suggestions on what day people prefer right now. After I get responses we'll narrow it down.

BTW - we might be joined by a couple of my FJ friends if that's OK.

Lfen
09/27/2014, 04:54 PM
For me Sunday's work better, but I could do a Saturday if it's better for everyone else.

GEVLIN
09/27/2014, 09:32 PM
Good idea.
I am in.

ahdoman
09/29/2014, 10:33 PM
I've got 2 different days that might work (or maybe both if we want to); the first would be Sunday 10/19 the other would be Saturday 10/25. I'll post something in the meetup section in the next day or so. If you want to see the area I'm thinking of, take a look at Hungry Valley videos on YouTube. Especially the Hungry Valley Practice Area.

ahdoman
10/07/2014, 06:38 PM
Ok all, just posted the meet for Saturday, October 25th. the details are in the meet area;
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=26068