PDA

View Full Version : exhaust system time...

ScottinMA
09/12/2014, 07:33 AM
After 13 years my exhaust system needs a refurb. Back in the day I installed a Power vault muffler (remember those?). This was not the cat back...just the muffler. So, I'm heading into the custom world but may be able to use some OEM pipes. Is Marlin still at St Charles Isuzu?

Triathlete
09/12/2014, 07:53 AM
Marlin is long gone (now works for Tesla) and St Charles has gotten out of the Isuzu game :(

circmand
09/12/2014, 11:35 AM
Any OEM stuff is hard to get very expensive and very time consuming and will require the rest be OEM

JoFotoz
09/12/2014, 11:50 AM
Dont really agree with this...

Any OEM stuff is hard to get very expensive and very time consuming and will require the rest be OEM

I have a partial custom, partial OEM system..mix & match works fine.

Also..in a month or so, I'll have a great, rust free, OEM muffler and full tail pipe assembly for sale...

.... and it wont be "VERY" expensive :)

jo

Otwobme
09/13/2014, 11:57 AM
I have one right now, if you want it just throw me a price.

Leon R
09/15/2014, 06:14 AM
Dont really agree with this...

I have a partial custom, partial OEM system..mix & match works fine.

Also..in a month or so, I'll have a great, rust free, OEM muffler and full tail pipe assembly for sale...

.... and it wont be "VERY" expensive :)

I am pretty sure he was talking about buying new OEM stuff from the dealer ;) Which isn't cheap!

Used OEM parts can be all over the place: anything from free to higher than dealer price (on discontinued, sought after items :( ).

Scott, I am not sure how bad are Mass state troopers on the cape, but around here they are brutal! Mass prohibits ANY modifications that make your exhaust louder (even 1db, but they do not use db meters, just “expert opinion” of the officer…), so they have free reign to ticket anything they perceive as modified! Sure, you can go and contest it if you have half a day to waste and sometimes you win. But who needs this hassle? Harleys, muscle cars and pickup trucks usually get a free pass. And I am not sure if they will look at VX as a “truck” or modified “car/suv”… So watch out how loud you make it.

WormGod
09/15/2014, 07:05 AM
My PV1 is still alive and kicking. Is there a reason you want to do away with it? Mine sounds absolutely amazing the older it gets.

Cobrajet
09/15/2014, 07:14 AM
My PV1 is still alive and kicking. Is there a reason you want to do away with it? Mine sounds absolutely amazing the older it gets.

x2 - Mine is still perfect!