PDA

View Full Version : "Pearl" got her royalty papers today!

ahdoman
09/08/2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks to another member on here I was able to run down a letter from Isuzu validating Pearl's pedigree! Unfortunately it's only a copy but it's a cool bit of history to know about my VX. (It would be really cool to be able to find the original if it still exists).

Note - I also researched the two names on the letter; R.J. Kenney is now with Hyundai as the National Sales Manager and Jeff Baca looks to still be at what used to be Denver Isuzu.

johnnyapollo
09/09/2014, 02:17 AM
That's an amazing piece of history!

-- John

VX crazy
09/09/2014, 05:02 AM
Very cool! I knew about the pearl white one but had no idea it was officially the last built VX.....WAY COOL!

JAMAS
09/09/2014, 06:37 AM
Color me jealous. Thats awesome!

VXorado
09/09/2014, 07:22 AM
Awesome! Take care of her!!! :thumbup:

JoFotoz
09/09/2014, 10:59 AM
:clap:

Thats FANTASTIC ... very envious!

:LineWave:

jo

nocturnalVX
09/10/2014, 11:17 AM
Way way WAY cool!

Joe_Black
09/10/2014, 03:32 PM
That's an awesome find! If I may ask, what are your plans for Pearl? Personally I'd feel a strong responsibility to maintain Pearl in as original condition as possible. When I mod I try diligently to do so in such a way that things can be put back original. Obviously Pearl is yours to do with as you wish and I'm certainly not trying to steer you in a direction, just curious what your plans are while sharing my perspective. :bgwo:

ahdoman
09/10/2014, 10:59 PM
The plans are to keep her as clean and as stock as possible. Although I've already done a bit of off-roading with her (and planning on doing more). I'm probably going to repsray the hood since the front has some very large chips from her being in Colorado. The good news is the paint is still available although it's 3 parts so it will be a bit difficult matching because of the pearl. She's one of my two daily drivers so she'll get treated right.

Joe_Black
09/11/2014, 01:39 PM
Cool! A good paint shop shouldn't have any problem matching the 3-stage paint, ask for references and check their work.

ahdoman
09/11/2014, 10:15 PM
Actually, I'll probably shoot it myself. I've done several cars and motorcycles. I've shot metallic but never a pearl coat so that will be a new experience. I already have the product so it's just a matter of time.

nocturnalVX
09/12/2014, 04:19 AM
Looks like Pearl found a good home... :dance:

Joe_Black
09/12/2014, 07:16 AM
Awesome, definitely share pics as we're photowhores around here. Just noticed too in your sig the R1100S. My daily is a '96 R1100GS. One thing I found particularly interesting about the VX community years ago was that you would have at least one other common interest with others beside the VX. :winko:

nfpgasmask
09/12/2014, 12:12 PM
I would love to do a blog post about the Pearl VX. Any chance you can come down to JCCS this Sept 27th so I can photograph it and interview you? If so, get in touch!

Bart

JoFotoz
09/12/2014, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure re-spraying is a good idea...

If its super bad..then yea, maybe.

But... and obviously only "IMO" !

Given this VX is one of the few/maybe only production, non concept VX's that will ever
have any chance of reaching any "collector" status..
...and given the value of "original", it may not be a good idea.

Just a thought... :cool:

jo

Baldwin
09/12/2014, 03:54 PM
wow.

ahdoman
09/13/2014, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure re-spraying is a good idea...

If its super bad..then yea, maybe.

But... and obviously only "IMO" !

Given this VX is one of the few/maybe only production, non concept VX's that will ever
have any chance of reaching any "collector" status..
...and given the value of "original", it may not be a good idea.

Just a thought... :cool:

jo

Jo - if you've got an extra hood you want to sell that might not be such a bad idea. The front lip is peppered with chips. It's bad enough that it bothers me but it could be left alone for future value.

Mile High VX
09/14/2014, 08:14 AM
Jo - if you've got an extra hood you want to sell that might not be such a bad idea. The front lip is peppered with chips. It's bad enough that it bothers me but it could be left alone for future value.

Your free gift from Colorado Department of Transportation...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

I have the same issue so I put a magnet bra on the front and it looks great and I'm happy with it.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/0115.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN04131.JPG

JoFotoz
09/14/2014, 09:44 AM
Sorry...no extra hood :(

The crashed VX I am parting out was a front hit.. so hood is trashed.

BUT..I do agree with Earl ( Mile High VX) about the magna bra.

The Proton I just purchased had similar bad nose chips...
...I got a magna bra to hide them AND further protect it.

Jo

blacksambo
09/17/2014, 09:38 PM
How about trying some Dr. Color Chip? People swear by this idiot-proof stuff. Just a thought.

ahdoman
09/17/2014, 10:30 PM
How about trying some Dr. Color Chip? People swear by this idiot-proof stuff. Just a thought.

I wish it was that easy. The problem is there's a LOT of chips ranging in size from pin size rough spots to 1/2" chips (plus a couple of good scratches across the hood). There's probably 50+ of the larger size that Dr. CC could repair. At that point I might as well repaint.

Scott Harness
09/18/2014, 12:22 PM
My magnet-bra flew off at highway speed in Moab and ripped in half! Now I have a brand new in box full coverage Isuzu Vehicross bra that I never use Go figure:confused:

VXjunky
05/11/2015, 10:56 PM
guy in simi has two rotting in his driveway ,,,might sell you a hood or entire unit