PDA

View Full Version : Differential drop?

Boonetown123
09/05/2014, 11:38 PM
I have been recommended to do this after lifting the front end and have some questions. I have seen tons of threads on here but not really giving me direct answers. Help would be much appreciated.
1. Is it pretty difficult to do?
2. Where do I get the parts I need for it? If I were to do it
3. Is it costly?
4. Is there a alternative to doing this to save cv axle, boots, and what not?

VXorado
09/06/2014, 08:40 AM
I have been recommended to do this after lifting the front end and have some questions. I have seen tons of threads on here but not really giving me direct answers. Help would be much appreciated.
3. Is it costly?

1. You need to drop the diff which takes a bit of time and a little mechanical ability. Building the brackets requires cutting, welding & drilling.
2. You need two diff brackets which can be the ones off your VX or others from a Trooper
3. Darlington offroad will build the drop into your brackets- I don't recall the cost.
4. Alternative to a diff drop is not to lift the front end more than an 1" or so. You can also just risk it.

I may have a set of 2" diff drop brackets for sale soon. PM me if you're interested.

Joe Darlington
09/07/2014, 04:49 AM
3. Is it costly?

I build these brackets, give me a call (available most anytime/day) and I can answer all your questions.

Joe Darlington
darlington-offroad@nc.rr.com
208-590-0104