07/15/2014, 03:09 AM
Put some smd strips on place of my stock bulbs on both front
side markers, think it was $20 for the strips and I installed
them in about 5 min...was a decent enough change for the
time and money.
Think Ill do the rear markets next.
Cool thing is , I can get the smds in White, Amber or Red
all the 2 options offer a slightly different look and are real
easy to swap out.http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/space/led%20front%20marker2.jpg

Mile High VX
07/15/2014, 08:29 AM
Any chance you can get them in GREEN?

Thanks.

jarvis
07/15/2014, 09:06 AM
LED are cool... just posted a just for kicks type thread about different mods and whatnot for the VX and was mentioning a motorcycle I saw at a car show with a super thin plastic film integrated into the paint that lights up not sure how they work as far as current and what causes the plastic to light up but it was way cool cuz then you can outline it with whatever graphics you want also can paint over them with semi transparent colors...I don't know how to post pics yet but when I find out I'm going to send some pictures out some people may have already seen this but it is fairly new technology.

Mile High VX
07/15/2014, 09:35 AM
HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:

~To add pics, you first have to "upload" them to your "gallery".

~Go to "Gallery" and click..it's located along the blue horizontal strip toward the top of the page, and it's the second item from the left.

~Then click "Gallery links"...which is also on that blue horizontal border, 7th from the left side.

~You get a drop down box , scroll down and click on "Upload Photos".

~Then the screen will show up where you can attach up to 5 pics at a time from your gallery. Look for "Choose file" button, click, and then find the pic on your computer.

~After you've selected up to 5, scroll down about 4 inches and click white button "Upload/Submit". Takes about a minute or so to do it.

~If they're really big megapixels, I've found it bombs out if I do more than 2 at a time. So I'd hit "Upload/submit" after those 2, then just do a few at a time.

~then there's another screen that comes up where you can add text to describe picture/s...than click submit button.

~After it's done uploading your pics, it will show another screen where you have to click at the bottom of screen..."Process".

ONCE YOU'VE UPLOADED THE PICS TO YOUR GALLERY....HOW TO ATTACH THEM TO A POST:

~When writing your post, on the Right side you should see a small gray box titled "My pics" and inside the box there will be the words "Open" in blue letters. Click "open".

~That will take you to your gallery and you just click on which pictures you want to upload to the post.

~In the body of the new post you're creating -Hit a "return/enter" after EACH picture you attach. Otherwise it might make them scroll SIDEWAYS, instead of down....so just add a space/return.

~You can attach up to 20 pics in a single post.

Vehi-Cross-Az
07/15/2014, 12:32 PM
yeah, green, purple, blue, red, white , amber...

MSHardeman
07/15/2014, 02:40 PM
How did you wire them up? How did you get them to stay in place?

I like the mod. Very nice.:thumbup:

Vehi-Cross-Az
07/15/2014, 03:38 PM
they plug right into the stock 194 socket..
and they are about 12" long...I just pushed in as much
as I could and let the rest hang out for now, but I can
cut it shorter if I want to make them fit better ,..not sure
I need to right now.

Mile High VX
07/15/2014, 03:50 PM
Are you going to sell them on your site, or can you provide some information on where to get them?

Joe_Black
07/15/2014, 04:28 PM
Wal-Mart, Autozone, Advance etc. all have the LED strips in different colors and lengths. I've used the real short ones for tag lights and the best part is you can generally cut most to length if you need something in between what's on the shelf. They'll come with bare wire leads, some have 194 and other adapters but that's easy to make up yourself or you can buy 'em for around a buck each like these: http://www.vleds.com/diy-2-led-base-adapter-194-t10.html

a745035
09/07/2014, 06:29 AM
Nice mod... love it!