PDA

View Full Version : White gauges - pics finally!

Raque Thomas
11/21/2003, 11:09 AM
Here are the pics in my gallery:

www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2958
www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2959
www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2960

Ok, a few notes on the gauges:
I bought two kits, one for a '94-'95 Trooper, and one for a '99-'02 Trooper off eBay, total with shipping, around $70. The '94 kit has the speedo, tach, and turn signal area that match; the '99 kit has the gas gauge, TOD, and shift indicator areas that match. There were, however, some problems:

1) The TOD on the Trooper is just slightly a different size, so the TOD didn't match up. I'm trying to find a used TOD guage or I may relocate this gauge to the fuzzy hole area and install oil pressure and volt guages from a '94 Trooper cluster I have - looks like they'll screw right in and then I'l have to run wiring.

2) The gas guage I need is attached to the speedo I don't need. Don't know why they did that - the '94 kit has all pieces separate. So, right now, my temp guage has an oil pressure front on it! As I said above, trying to decide what to do with the gauges before I cut the '02 to fit. One problem with cutting the '02 version is that it contains a printed circuit under clear plastic which powers the lights - not sure if I could patch that after cutting??

3) The shift indicator takes a lot of trimming to make it fit - but it does

BEFORE you buy the Axiom knob (if you like it!) be aware that it is not a direct bolt on, I had to do a lot of modding to the mechanism, and still have a little more to do to get it down flush with the cover plate. Ahhh, a labor of love! :heart:

loco6464
11/21/2003, 12:05 PM
Hey looking good my friend. If I ever get bluegrass to fix my D@#$ water leak Ill start modding as well, as long as I dont run into any more unfortunate things like staining my fence and cars and house and..... YUK

We still need to meet up sooner or later you are all of 5-10 min from my house.

:)

Raque Thomas
11/21/2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by loco6464
Hey looking good my friend. If I ever get bluegrass to fix my D@#$ water leak Ill start modding as well, as long as I dont run into any more unfortunate things like staining my fence and cars and house and..... YUK

We still need to meet up sooner or later you are all of 5-10 min from my house.

:)

I thought they took care of that leak? They kept it for a week and a half didn't they? Geez!
Hey, sounds good about getting together - I'm tied up this weekend, but pretty open next week or weekend (except Wednesday and of course Thursday) - let me know what works for you and we'll get together for a beer or sandwich.

WyrreJ
11/21/2003, 08:35 PM
Although it looks cool at first, the TOD display is a huge waste of space. All the same information could be conveyed with a single three-bar LED or single digit that counts from 0 to 3.

loco6464
11/22/2003, 06:33 AM
Sounds good Raque as soon as I get my VX back from being worked on Ill let you know. They did say it was fixed last time but they didnt fix it, I told them this time I didnt want it back till it was really fixed because every time I drop it off that means Im with out transportation so I ride with my wife in the VW. I can not beleve they dont have a loaner car.

Ill let you know.
Mike

military vx'r
11/24/2003, 05:53 PM
i'm interested in the outcome