PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line problems

ND92
06/17/2014, 10:41 AM
Hey everyone
Long time no talk haha

Before I left for Italy my VX seemed to have blew a fuel line between the engine and fire wall. She's sat for about a month and a half with no movement because of being away. So she took a trip on a flatbed to the mechanics to see what's wrong.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? (Yes I searched but couldn't find anything)

Also if anyone has changed theirs over to upgraded lines and what kind you used?

Thanks for the help
Stefan

VXCanada
06/17/2014, 10:54 AM
AN 6 line conversion would be the way to go to get rid of those rotting rubber lines.

T.

Ldub
06/17/2014, 03:49 PM
Make sure the replacement used is rated "fuel injection".

Also, I've replaced mine before & nearly died from loss of knuckle blood, but it is possible with the abundant use of swear words/bandaids.

I used some jacketed line I picked up in Moab, can't remember any particulars with regard to inner diameter etc.

Good luck...:_wrench:.:thumbup:

Triathlete
06/17/2014, 04:11 PM
Your lines need jacket with those winters up there! :D

yellowgizmo99
06/18/2014, 03:29 AM
I had to take intake manifoid off to replace mine, don't know how you got your hands in there to work Dub.

Ty
09/07/2017, 04:53 PM
Mine blew above the tranny. how in the world did you get your hands in to fix it. it's on the lift now but I can't find a route.
does anyone have a picture so at least I know what I am trying to get to? has anyone just routed the hoses a different way?

Ldub
09/09/2017, 09:34 AM
Mine blew above the tranny. how in the world did you get your hands in to fix it. it's on the lift now but I can't find a route.
does anyone have a picture so at least I know what I am trying to get to? has anyone just routed the hoses a different way?

It's been a while, but IIRC, the extended fuel line pliers available at Harbor freight tools was a life saver. And swear words, lots of swear words.

If all else fails, take off the intake, (makes it much easier) chances are you probably need new intake gaskets anyway. ;) Also, do lots of reSEARCH on here to get proper torque specs, etc.