PDA

View Full Version : White guages!

Raque Thomas
11/20/2003, 07:24 PM
I'm giving up - I've tried to post pics to no avail - I must be a dumba*s. I've got a few things to share, but I can't get my pics to load! :wtfo2:

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I have installed the white guages with the night glow effect - with blue or green lighting (looks cool - a couple of issues I need to work through!), I've installed an Axiom shift knob (boy that was a pain in the a**!), and a knob on the differential that I have not seen before. I can e-mail you pics all day long, but I'm pretty frustrated with trying to post them here - I give up!!!!!
I took some pics of the guages to post here, but of course they won't post - if you have any interest in seeing what they look lile - I'll send you an e-mail - I used a combination of a '94 Trooper and a '99 Trooper guage set.

Heraclid
11/20/2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing them!

Inaba
11/20/2003, 07:46 PM
I'd like to see 'em as well...

inaba@mindspring.com

johnnyapollo
11/20/2003, 08:37 PM
Hey Raque,

How about uploading them to your Gallery and pointing people to it? Just make sure they aren't bigger than the size limit for upload.

-- John

Apostle
11/21/2003, 05:00 AM
raque, email to me and i will post them for you

vcrossowner@hotmail.com

WormGod
11/21/2003, 07:52 AM
Hook me up!

darkvariant@yahoo.com

Dallas4u
11/21/2003, 08:48 AM
I saw the pic in your gallery, so I'm assuming those are the gauges on your VX. Here is a little constructive criticisim...

I didn't expect them to look any different as they are white face guages. I'm not big on them anymore as it seems everyone wants to put them in their vehicles these days for that "sporty" look, although they don't look bad white at all... one problem, to me, (and this was discussed in every thread about a white face group buy) is that the TOD section is still black. To me, it looks like a patch work. Plus, the white is such a contrast against the color(s) on the dash and the steering wheel that I think it looks a little out of place.

I'm not trying to be mean, just telling you how I think it looks, so take it with a very little grain of salt. White usually looks ok on guages, other than everyone and their friends wants white, or used to want white, so it ha become a llittle mainstream now. You can pretty much get anything you want now as guage faces. You have done something no one else has done yet (by putting them on a VX), and that's cool in and of itself. If you like 'em, then congrats!! :D

Sheik-YurBooty
11/21/2003, 02:15 PM
me too

Raque Thomas
11/21/2003, 03:50 PM
Dallas - I started a new thread that has a link to the pictures, but I see you found them on your own! Yeah the TOD area is a problem, but I plan to either move that display somewhere else and put in amp and oil press gauges, or buy a TOD gauge from a newer Trooper so the front I have will fit. I appreciate your comments, I love the look - especially at night! I think I may also boil off the clear cover over the guage cluster and either paint it a lighter color or get a stainless cover - undecided right now.

Dallas4u
11/21/2003, 04:09 PM
Oooh... I'm interested to see where you could move the TOD display. It would be sweet if you came up with a place that looked pretty cool.

I'm behind anyone that takes a step forward!

Raque Thomas
11/21/2003, 04:53 PM
The "fuzzy hole" seems like the most logical place to put the TOD, if I can figure out how to make it look factory installed. It would be nice to have those other gauges (amps and oil pressure) in the gauge cluster too! That's a project for another day!