PDA

View Full Version : good auto body shop in Chicago area?

yal^
11/20/2003, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know where is a good, reliable autobody shop in Chicago area? I got a dent, maybe more like a deflection on a door and it has to go.

Monday morning, about 5 a.m. the fog was so thick it was like a milk. I should've seen my mailbox, or at least know where it's standing. Anyway I drove into it, took it of the post, and put a dent in the door.

On the other side, there was five four-inch long nails that bend comletely wiht the impact, one almost broke, and my VX has only a surface scratch in a paint. Knock on a wood, I was lucky, but where can I take my car for repairs?

AnalogVX
11/20/2003, 03:34 PM
I had my fender repaired there and they did great work. I seen a Proton in the lot while driving by one day and decided that is where I am taking mine. Turns out the Proton belonged to member on this board who told me he used the shop a couple times before with great results as well. At least the Techs will be familiar with the VX.

yal^
11/20/2003, 08:42 PM
I'll check it out, thx Rich.
Although it may be a little far for me. Hmmm... I'll try to find them in yellow pages.

AnalogVX
11/21/2003, 03:17 PM
I'll save you the trouble.
Collision Revision
3415 Stern Ave. (Corner of Kirk & Stern)
St. Charles, Illinois 60174
630-513-9770

yal^
11/22/2003, 11:20 AM
thank you so much :)

I alread got i few estimates and it does not look pink for me...
I am curious what they tell me.