PDA

View Full Version : Sexiest gamers?!

WormGod
11/20/2003, 08:50 AM
I found this link today and was just amazed at the extremes that people will go to on the subject of "All Gamers Must Be Ugly". I was fairly surprised at some of the pics that ladies sent in "stating" they are gamers. Some I can believe. Others, well, I dunno. I think someone put them up to sending in a pic just to win a contest. Interesting CRAP though.

Sexiest Gamers (http://www.sexiestgamer.com/main_us.php)

AnalogVX
11/20/2003, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't mind spending a weekend LANing with a couple of them for sure!
:flower:

*edit* Hey Gil, any of these women at your place for game nights?

SoilDoc
11/20/2003, 12:07 PM
Wormgod,

I didn't see your picture on the web. How many votes did you get?

Also, I wanted to express concern for your VX. May she heal quickly!

WormGod
11/20/2003, 02:18 PM
NO no no! No pics of me on there. It's a SEXY contest, not a geeky, computer tech, ugly contest. :p

My VX is coming along. Some of the estimate is done and is already at $3300 and climbing. We shall see. It's weird, but there have been a lot of VXes wrecked here in the past week. Watch yourselves!

Apostle
11/21/2003, 06:36 AM
ok all, im gonna post my pic later today. everyone has to vote for me ok?

ill send a link.

<works on acceptance speach> I'd like to thank all the little people who made this possible. Everyone that i PK'd with my 75th level archer, thank you, if it wasnt for you, this would only still be a dream.......

WormGod
11/21/2003, 07:59 AM
*fat, pimply faced kid wearing burlap sack as a tunic and holding a PVC sword strolls in*

"Lord Apostle! Meet thee at the Emory Grove Willow Tree in the Misty Meadows! To rescue the fair maiden from the clutches on the Troll King!"

Scary enough.... I work at a game company.... and I ACTUALLY hear this stuff from co-workers on their usual Thursday night D&D sessions in the meeting room.

*shudder*

But yes, my goodness, there are some fiiiIIIIIiiiiine ladies in that competition. I make games.... so like.... does that mean.... I am a rockstar to them.... and they wan't to be my groupies?! WHOA! I gotta look into that! ;Dy;

Dallas4u
11/21/2003, 08:55 AM
Ha HAAA!!!! When I lived back in Plano (Dallas area), there was a pretty large park close to me where my wife and I would walk our dogs on the weekend. EVERY FREAKIN WEEKEND we would see around 15-20 people playing D&D, set back in the park. They would be wearing all their homemade D&D garb and fighting with swords made out of foam painted black. QUITE embarassing, yet something in me respected them for not understanding how geeky they were and doing what they wanted.

Geeks

Apostle
11/21/2003, 03:47 PM
"Wormgod, fetch me my Holy Defender and i shall swart thine evil Troll King."

Lord Apostle steps through the forrest, like a shadow on a moonlit night.

jumps out from behind a rock. "Die you evil spawn of Gnarth" (thats a troll god, D&D, old rules)

yes i played :) and its like the Devil, you can serve in heaven or rule in hell, same with us King Geeks.

worm, your bioware? or blizzard? play all the ones that come out, waiting for WOW (blizzard)

NWN wasnt bad, bioware, but was lacking something

edit: nm, your bethsoft. what happened with morrowwind? played the first one, way back when, Daggerfall, with all the bugs, it kicked. morrow, needed help, ran to slow and crashed constantly. specs were way above recommendations

EDIT 2: posted, but damned if i can find me :) wanted to share and convince you all to vote (get me a free tshirt :) )

EDIT 3: holy crap theres a lot of dweebs on this. been looking for a while now, cant find my pic and i have been through ALOT

WormGod
11/24/2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Apostle
[Bedit: nm, your bethsoft. what happened with morrowwind? played the first one, way back when, Daggerfall, with all the bugs, it kicked. morrow, needed help, ran to slow and crashed constantly. specs were way above recommendations [/B]

Ya, Morrowind was (is) a system hog. ALWAYS blame it on designers and programmers. We artists just make pretty things that THOSE dolts say will work.

MW actually did very well on both the PC and the XBox market. Morrowind Game of the Year edition for XBox and PC was recently released. It adds both the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions into the game, and you can simply use your old savegame from your old characters to play it. Good stuff. Just make sure that if you have an XBox to play it that you have a newer generation system because the early XBoxes had really cheap and crappy Thomsun dvd drives in them and they won't even read MW GotY edition or multpiple other games that use dual layering. M$ strikes again!