PDA

View Full Version : So what was the final word on new rims?

Lease-V-cross
11/19/2003, 08:23 PM
Just to let all you VX owners in the lehigh valley, PA area know...Rothrock is now finally going to accept warranty work for Isuzu.
For awhile there, they were telling me "no", but I just had the ISuzu warranty rep inform me that it is now official, so don't let Rothrock tell you otherwise.
I'm thrilled that I don't have to drive down to Doylestown anymore!
Anyhoo...I'm thinking about getting my rims replaced under the "corrosion" 6 year warranty I have with my VX.
The rims are all peeling in the inside.
Anyone familiar with this problem?
My luck, they probably aren't covered.

Heraclid
11/19/2003, 08:32 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully. I've read that several people here have had it done without much hassle. Pretty common problem on the 18's I guess and Isuzu is well aware of it and doesn't seem to put up much resistance. There will always be exceptions, though.

VR4-Quest
11/20/2003, 09:57 AM
They wouldnt replacement my flaking and peeling 18's, since I was the second owner and my 2001 has over 12,000 miles, and that suppossedly came from the Isuzu regional rep. I might try another dealer and see what they say.

Goodluck

Raque Thomas
11/20/2003, 01:39 PM
Add me to the list of people getting theirs replaced under warranty. Went to the dealer today, he called the area rep and was told to order new ones in! I have 20,000 miles on mine and it is 17 months old. Thanks to everyone for alerting me to this problem, I had not noticed the pitting as it is very small. I'm sure down the road it would have gotten worse!