PDA

View Full Version : Demise of the VX-O2...not yet

Baldwin
04/23/2014, 09:50 PM
Well, I talked to Isuzu again and the lone marketing guy at headquarters here in So. Cal said that they still don't know what to do with the VX-O2. It is still sitting in an undisclosed location here in LA. He's had several museums contact him, but Isuzu in Japan has not made a decision. He knows many people want it saved. He told me i can call back in a month or so to check in if I wanted to. He'll tell me whatever new things he knows...other than the location just in case a bunch of VX fanatics want to attempt a rescue.

nfpgasmask
04/23/2014, 10:08 PM
Wait, wait. I thought all the Isuzus went to a museum in TN or something???

Bart

Y33TREKker
04/24/2014, 09:42 AM
Sounds like that marketing guy needs to be making some calls to Hollywood and getting some balls rolling for the making of Mission To Mars - ll. I mean, Gary Sinise is going to need SOMEthing to drive around once he gets home to tell everyone where the hell he went...

nfpgasmask
04/24/2014, 09:48 AM
I mean, all the other concepts aside, I can't believe there isn't some museum ready to accept the VX-O2. However, if it is a decision on the table of Isuzu Motors in Japan, that would likely be why the cars haven't moved yet.

Bart

Cobrajet
04/24/2014, 11:34 AM
I thought it would be a great idea to start a petition to save the VX-02, and then I realized that even in ALL 4,444 members (or maybe the three dozen active members) signed it, Isuzu Japan would laugh. :) It would take someone with $$$ and influence. Ain't none of us!

nfpgasmask
04/24/2014, 11:38 AM
Yeah, after I talked to a former Isuzu employee about it, and he explained the reasons why Isuzu might want the vehicle crushed instead of preserved, it all kinda made sense. It's sad, but makes sense, from the perspective of Isuzu. That said, a lot of things that make sense, don't really need to be carried out. I think this vehicle (all of the concepts really) should go to a museum.

Bart

Ang
04/24/2014, 12:26 PM
Start a facebook page, or I will when I get some time. We can all share it, send it around, post to car enthusiast forums, etc. Get a 10-100k person petition, and save that beast. If it runs and functions I would certainly pay whatever they wanted :) Such a cool idea! <3VX-02

JoFotoz
04/24/2014, 02:55 PM
Liability issues would, IMO preclude it being sold for use.

And having seen it... IMO it would fall apart if driven much.

Its a static museum piece. but probably still a crusher ..
...if Isuzu have any qualms about liability.

jo

nfpgasmask
04/24/2014, 03:16 PM
Exactly, Joe. It's a concept car and technical could never be DOT certified for safe on the road, let alone registered with its non-existent VIN. It is for looking at only, and Isuzu will most likely never let this go to a private party without a whole lot of stipulations and releases, and even then, in the end, it is easier for them to just have it destroyed. Its a money thing, as always. The only hope is that a museum can acquire it.

Bart

jp3
04/25/2014, 05:13 AM
There is a auto museum in Volo,IL that has a bunch of movie cars and unique vehicles. Maybe they can contact Isuzu and get it. http://www.volocars.com/

evillecutter
04/25/2014, 06:14 AM
back to the future 4

Ang
04/25/2014, 06:48 AM
Launch it into space on the next shuttle. The aliens who find that space junk will be impressed. I was mixed up with thinking the VX-02 was drive ready, I was thinking of the original VX concept pictured here http://www.wildtoys.com/Vehicross/VX_Prototypes/VX_Concept.jpg
Anyone know if that beast is on the road/ in a showroom/ storage? Apparently it has some serious heavy duty parts that were not put into any other VX.

evillecutter
04/28/2014, 12:03 PM
Launch it into space on the next shuttle. The aliens who find that space junk will be impressed. I was mixed up with thinking the VX-02 was drive ready, I was thinking of the original VX concept pictured here http://www.wildtoys.com/Vehicross/VX_Prototypes/VX_Concept.jpg
Anyone know if that beast is on the road/ in a showroom/ storage? Apparently it has some serious heavy duty parts that were not put into any other VX.

wheelbase looks much longer too

blacksambo
04/28/2014, 09:05 PM
Saratoga Springs, New York auto museum would be interested. Just let me know who to contact. As we always say..."Discover Saratoga, the British did in 1777!"