PDA

View Full Version : hi-beams inop

rowhard
04/22/2014, 01:37 PM
Got a problem with my Hi-beams, they don't work. Was a intermittent problem, now, nothing. Low beams are fine. Problem is with both lights. I have the HID's from XenonRider that many of us converted to. Am thinking relay, but open to suggestions.:confused:

MSHardeman
04/22/2014, 03:46 PM
When you switch to high beams is there no light at all, or do they just not switch to high? The high and low beams in the Xenon Rider kit are taken care of by the same bulb. To switch to high beam, a magnet is activated that actually pulls the bulb closer to the engine so that it is farther away from the little reflector in front of the bulb.

Stand next to the VX and look down on the bulb from the top while someone switches the lights from low to high beam. Does the bulb move at all? If not then that could be your problem.

Now how do you fix it? I have no idea. :_confused Maybe the magnets are fried? Buying new bulbs might be the way to go as they really aren't that expensive.

rowhard
04/23/2014, 12:11 PM
Does the bulb move at all? If not then that could be your problem.

Now how do you fix it? I have no idea. :_confused Maybe the magnets are fried?

Yea, understand the mechanism and no,no movement. I contacted Joesph at Xenon Rider yesterday by email, don't see anything from him yet. If he confirm your WAG about the magnet being fired, will order replacements, or maybe look at this LED set up which everyone is hot about.

Really can't say how long they have been in there. Know I was one of the first to do the conversion when someone first loaded Xenon Riders web page here.