PDA

View Full Version : bad news...

nocturnalVX
11/19/2003, 07:58 PM
Well folks, there's some more bad news... our friend Mike (SGT. BATGUANO ) had his VX totaled. I don't know any details yet, but he did send me an e-mail saying he missed meeting Raque & I because he was in the E.R. He is recovering, but it was a bad accident and as such he will post as he is able. I felt I had to share how he finished his e-mail to me...

"God bless all my extended VX family,

Mike"

Send out some good vibes for a great guy.

Andrey
11/19/2003, 08:08 PM
hope he recovers soon ! ... and gets another VX

Lease-V-cross
11/19/2003, 08:09 PM
Speedy recovery!

Erik

Raque Thomas
11/19/2003, 08:16 PM
sorry to hear about the accident - the vehicle can be replaced, thankfully you are out of the hospital, so it's not as bad as it could have been. Speedy recovery!!!! :luck:

Heraclid
11/19/2003, 08:37 PM
Yikes, always a scary thing to hear!

Glad to hear he's back to sending e-mails and that apparently the trip to the ER was more precautionary than because of anything really life-threatening. I hope he makes a speedy and complete recovery!

2K1 1K2
11/19/2003, 09:02 PM
glad to hear he's ok.

sgt. - take care and hope you join us pronto!
we'll be waitin' for ya -

:group:

-jose

Sheik-YurBooty
11/19/2003, 09:43 PM
Just glad to hear your on the road to recovery! Make it a speedy one, and then get another VX. ...Wishing you a speedy recovery, Bruce

Anita
11/19/2003, 10:19 PM
Oh Mike, I wish a speedy recovery - come back to us soon!!!

newthings
11/19/2003, 11:00 PM
Get well and be well. You are in our thoughts.
Roy

WormGod
11/20/2003, 12:29 AM
ACK! I know how that can be. Getting cut out of your VX and landing yourself in a medivac chopper for a hardly fun trip to a trauma unit is no fun. I would pay good money never to have to do that again. I feel for SGT and hope he recovers soon. His VX can be replaced.... however, he cannot.

Panther_Black_VX
11/20/2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by WormGod
I feel for SGT and hope he recovers soon. His VX can be replaced.... however, he cannot.
Amen! Thoughts and prayers for him......

dutchie
11/20/2003, 02:33 AM
best wishes....

Joe_Black
11/20/2003, 04:38 AM
Glad to hear the SGT. is emailing and hopefully recovering quickly. Sympathies on the loss of yet another beloved VX.:waag:

carlymac
11/20/2003, 06:26 AM
On your recovery. your in my prayers.

Anita
11/20/2003, 09:05 AM
Heard from Mike. He is coming away from what sounded like a "youre lucky to be alive" accident with staples and stitches with lots of bruises, aches and pains.

I'm sure when he is able he will tell us all the details. :sighp:

VXMAN
11/20/2003, 09:51 AM
Getting another VehiCROSS - $12000-$20000

Insurance rates after an accident - $2000

Losing a VX Family Member - PRICELESS.

Speedy recovery SGT. Glad your ok and we'll be here when you get back on your feet.

:D
Dave...

AnalogVX
11/20/2003, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope you get well soon and get back into a VX. Not to sound like a scanvenger...but where is the VX going? Any good parts still left on it?;)

Lisa K
11/20/2003, 01:30 PM
so sorry to hear about your accident! Makes my little fender-bender today seem like a walk in the park.

Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery - get well soon!!

Lisa K

AndyC
11/20/2003, 02:08 PM
SGT. All my wishes to you on a speedy and complete recovery.

Leah
11/20/2003, 02:10 PM
To Mike:

I'm sorry to hear of your accident. I see many terrible wrecks on the interstate and highways. The victims always suffer in some way, whether it be physical, mental, or emotional, or in most cases, all three. When I ride in the ambulance with some of them, I find that a good sense of humor helps a lot. I hope you can find the energy to laugh because it will help a lot in your recovery. The most important factor is your mental disposition. Try to focus on things that make you feel happy, like the fact that all of us fellow VXers are extremely concerned about you and your welfare. If you need words of comfort, some good jokes, some cash to get by on, some links to VXes for sale :) or anything else, please let us know. And, to your family, who must be in shock, give them our love and let them know we're thinking of them as well.

Hang in there, Sgt. We miss you!!!

Jolly Roger VX'er
11/20/2003, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune SGT........Hopefully, you'll be back in action real soon and have another fiery steed in the form of a VX that perhaps will end up being better than the one you had! Hope it all works out for ya!

sugino
11/25/2003, 05:58 AM
Mike,

I am glad you won the Ebay auction for the VX I traded. I know it went to a good home. If there are any questions that Hayes can't answer feel free to email me. Good luck on you recovery.

sugino

Bantan
11/25/2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by sugino
Mike,

I am glad you won the Ebay auction for the VX I traded. I know it went to a good home. If there are any questions that Hayes can't answer feel free to email me. Good luck on you recovery.

sugino

Hey Mike,
That should make you recover even faster,
Now to add even more mods;)

Get well soon!
Mercer

Randy
11/25/2003, 07:56 AM
Mike:

I'm glad the ebay VX was won by you also. It should get you back into the swing real soon.

Randy

sveltax
11/25/2003, 08:06 AM
Speedy recovery vibes going out to you SGT! Can you feel the love from the VX forum or what!

SGT.BATGUANO
11/25/2003, 08:47 PM
First, I'd like to thank all the members who have e-mailed or posted their their prayers and kind words.

To put it briefly my VX doesn't have ONE straight body panel on it and has been declared a TOTAL LOSS. I was quite depressed by this as I had paid for it in full at the time of purchase and it only had 6700 miles on it.

VXMAN- I hope my insurance doesn't go that high, as I've had an exemplary driving record for over five years.

Analog- It's in Bartlett. I haven't turned the title over yet or removed any of my add-ons (which were minimal), or decided on the insurance company's offer to allow me to buy it back, which would mean storing it somewhere until next spring. I'll post additional info. when it becomes available. Possible good parts may include:

Drivetrain- although I'm not sure how long the vehicle continued to run after it went inverted, which is how it came to rest.

Suspension- ???

3 wheels- dealer replaced at the end of September. Unsure if they're still "true".

Some interior- the pass. side "A" and drivers side "C" pillars were crushed a bit.

Surprizingly, I think the replacement headlights may have survived. Possibly due to the GTS clear covers I had on them?

Sugino- I will definately be trying to contact you with 100 questions. Thanks for the invitation.

Sveltax- Yes, I can feel the love and concern "vibes" and it has helped.

Nocturnal and Raque- thank you for the prompt responses. Raque, hope I get another chance to meet up in the future.

Anita- I had my longing eye on that one for the last few times it had been listed, but didn't have a need for it at the time.

Could it have been destiny? (half-hearted joke)

I'll post pics [and the the investigating officers assesment, (as i received a good blow to the head and have little recall of the event)] when their developed.

As for me, about 35 stitches near my left eye, 4 staples in scalp and some bone bruises and aches and pains.

I will get back on the horse that threw me.

To all the other recent recipients of unfortunate mishaps: my love and prayers go out to you and your families, and to your VX's as well.

Totalled VX- apprx. $20k
E.R. bill -$8k

Surviving the wreck and my VX compadres.... Priceless

Again, thanks and God bless all my fellow VX'ers- and "let's be careful out there"

ron
11/26/2003, 12:04 AM
hey Sgt...

So sorry to read of your really unfortunate accident so late in the game. But, I'm glad to see that your on your way to recovery even though at the cost of your VX. Although, it may have been a blessing in disguise as you will be getting a VERY nice replacement from what I hear. Anyway, wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping you'll be back behind the wheel of the "new" VX soon.

johnnyapollo
11/26/2003, 04:58 AM
Wow SGT!

I'm glad you walked away from that one. When I rolled my MG Midget while in college - it skidded about 100 feet on it's top before coming to a stop. The paint was completely frictioned off (as were the mirrors, windshield and top) - the only thing that saved my *** was that when I saw I was going over I grabbed the base of the passenger seat. I came out of it with similar injuries to yours and I feel extemely lucky Ito have survived - it amazed the cops and witnesses that I was able to walk away from it - though a bit shaken.

Nothing quite like rolling your vehicle to get the blood flowing (I'm assuming you did something similar, from the damage you're describing). Good to see you back, both on the boards and on your feet. Great buy on Sugino's ex-ride - I'm glad to see it's going to a good home. Welcome to the Proton club!

-- Best, John

2K1 1K2
11/27/2003, 12:47 PM
sgt -
get well, soon! congrats on the new toy!

-jose