PDA

View Full Version : e-brake light on dash

AlaskaVX
11/19/2003, 04:29 PM
Well for the past 2 days my ebrake light is flashing on and off depending on how I use my brakes. I see the brake fluid resivoir is on fill, is this all it is? Just add brake fluid? Or is it actually my e-brake somewhat stuck? The reason I ask is that its been in the negative temps for the last week and I know e-brakes can get stuck, when cold. Just looking for confirmation really, pretty sure I'm right, and a search didn't pull up anything.

dog
11/19/2003, 05:01 PM
My daughter drives an Explorer that had the same symptoms. She set and released the ebrake several times but light still went on occasionaly. Since she lives out of town, I called a mechanic friend. He said the brake fluid was probably low...just check it and fill it since it is on the same system as the parking brake. She did check her fluid and it was low. She bought a $2.00 pint of dot 3 fluid, topped it off and everything was fine.

Hope this helps.

EclipseGSX
11/21/2003, 05:47 AM
AlaskaVX, i had the same problem with my Mistubishi Eclipse. The E-Brake light would stay on if it was very cold out. It could be a frozen contact or something.

dutchie
11/21/2003, 07:45 AM
Probably your brakepads...

tiggergreen
11/21/2003, 10:06 AM
I would definitely have it checked out. Our 1995 Mitsubishi Montero brake light came on after we had our car stereo installed by Car Toys. We thought it was just a disconnected sensor or something. The brakes started failing three days later and we barely made it to the shop. Turns out our Master Cylinder went out.

I would strongly suggest you have it checked out. Most shops will do a free estimate.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

Dylan19
11/21/2003, 03:01 PM
E-Brake light in the cluster comes on when you are low on fluid. I have noticed this after each brake pad change on mine. Just fill that thing up!!!

SGT.BATGUANO
11/25/2003, 10:40 PM
Fixed yet?

AlaskaVX
11/26/2003, 10:46 AM
Put some brake fluid in 2 days ago and have not seen the light since.