PDA

View Full Version : VX drive line vs. today?

blacksambo
04/08/2014, 03:24 PM
How do people feel about the VX drive system both on and off road versus the latest Porsche and Jeep? They don't offer full frames or four low anymore, they just electronically regulate the engine output to get the same effect, supposedly. ETC. ETC. Just curious.

Triathlete
04/08/2014, 08:18 PM
No frame and no 4Lo....mall crawler. Not good for anything but grocery runs and getting to the ski resort.

blacksambo
04/08/2014, 08:37 PM
Prove it! ( No offense. Why? Because to listen to the car companies a frame is high center of gravity danger, and four low is old fashioned and out-moded versus engine computer control.)

Ala5ka
04/08/2014, 08:40 PM
I inherently don't trust technology except TOD...this computer I'm typing on...and my iPhone, other than that none of it!

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Skynet.jpg

blacksambo
04/09/2014, 06:37 AM
iphones....your a subject of the Apple Corp. They watch your every move. Try to get one of those unlocked, and you'll see what I mean.

PK
04/09/2014, 06:43 AM
Have to agree with Billy.
Anyone that thinks a 4wd without a frame and low ratio transfer case can do any real 4wd'ing, has never been off the beaten track.

The sales hype will always try and explain away the short comings of the vehicle.

PK

tom4bren
04/09/2014, 07:19 AM
Have to agree with Billy.
Anyone that thinks a 4wd without a frame and low ratio transfer case can do any real 4wd'ing, has never been off the beaten track.

The sales hype will always try and explain away the short comings of the vehicle.

PK

X3

WormGod
04/09/2014, 07:54 AM
Groceries, curbs, soccer practice, etc.... and usually on their roof in 4" of snow (welcome to the DC Metro area!)

Even the trail rating for modern vehicles has been "dumbed down" because 90% of them cant even traverse the entry moguls. *sigh*

Triathlete
04/09/2014, 02:10 PM
Prove it! ( No offense. Why? Because to listen to the car companies a frame is high center of gravity danger, and four low is old fashioned and out-moded versus engine computer control.)

Buy one, then come follow me for a day in the trail. Should be all the proof you need :D

blacksambo
04/09/2014, 08:46 PM
I love it. I'm sure you have great points. We need to let the world at large know these short-comings, plus the fun that's missed by the watered-down SUV's. Thanks for the input....just trying to remain properly centered.

Triathlete
04/10/2014, 06:43 AM
The problem is that the manufacturers are in the business of saleing cars...98% of those buying new cars will neber take them off road with the exception of the occasional dirt road or snowey road. For them the offerings are perfectly fine. But if you want to use them for any serious off roading they leave a LOT to be desired. I don't care how many "trail rated" tags they plaster on it, a jeep patriot is not going to get you through the rubicon trail ;)

blacksambo
04/10/2014, 08:26 PM
I agree. How do we let people know what they are missing? For instance Porsche states they made the first sports-car SUV (for everyday people, leave the LM002 out of the picture). That's a falsehood. Let's address it. That's all I'm saying. Because, now Porsche launches Macan. They claim this is the first small PUV, etc. etc. The misconceptions go on and on. In the meantime, our VX resale price languishes.