PDA

View Full Version : So far I've....

PPinzino
04/07/2014, 07:37 AM
Bought my VX about 2 weeks ago and so far I've addressed the window issue with a new regulator ordered from Pugmire Isuzu out of GA, replaced all the speakers and cut out the holes larger in the rear to fit 6.5", both sides has new CV axles due to clicking in 4-lo, new lower ball joints because I was already in there, front and rear dif flushed, trans flush/filter, transfer case flush, tires, plastidipped the wheels and made some vinyls for the center caps and rear window, aftermarket cd player, reshimmed the valves because it sounded like a cummins at idle lol and a K&N filter. Honestly though I was pleased with the vehicle when I bought it but it is the most expensive vehicle I have purchased to date so I'm trying a little harder than usual. Just wanted to say a little something about my progress, if anyone knows of anything else I should check I would appreciate it.

eternal21
04/07/2014, 07:41 AM
Welcome! Seems like you're moving in the right direction, that's for sure. Is it throwing any codes (CEL)?

PPinzino
04/07/2014, 08:24 AM
No, I am the service manager of my shop so I checked over everything. No codes present or in the history, drive cycle was complete before I bought it so I don't believe anything was recently cleared. Also I've polished the headlights and made some vehicross logos for the sides. The factory logos were halfway removed so that it only said Ross... used the counter strike font and mass the logo 8" long, I think it looks pretty clean and the flat black matches the car better imo

Mile High VX
04/07/2014, 09:12 AM
made some vehicross logos for the sides. The factory logos were halfway removed so that it only said Ross... used the counter strike font and mass the logo 8" long, I think it looks pretty clean and the flat black matches the car better imo

Photos?

Welcome to the addiction...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

JoFotoz
04/07/2014, 09:19 AM
Keep checking your oil consumption at every fill up...

...until you get a feel for its appetite !

And appetite will vary between freeway and town use too.

Jo

tom4bren
04/07/2014, 10:04 AM
Is the K&N you installed a dry filter or oiled?

The reason I ask is that I recall some members who had them installed actually removing them later because the oil was fouling their MAF.

Also check all of your tranny mounts. Mine never worked loose but I recall some found theirs loose or missing.

I assume that you used gear oil with LSD additive in the rear pumpkin ... that's important.

When you replaced your window regulator, were the plastic tabs holding the glass to the regulator in good shape. There's a member who sells metal replacement brackets that help a lot with the tilting issue. You can also use the search function to find some threads on widening your window channels to help with that as well (probably won't show up for a while with your new regulators but it probably will eventually since you had to replace them).

PPinzino
04/07/2014, 10:31 AM
I used full synthetic gear oil with LSD additive in the rear and the plastic tabs didnt look to bad. I had to lube both sides up pretty good though to make the windows roll up straight and not at an angle. I'll recheck the tranny mounts, thanks for the tip and it is an oiled filter, not the whole cone style kit but just a drop in panel style. Cant seem to upload pics right this second so just follow the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rljjzrt56bpqa60/zhVCm1PIjK?lst#lh:null-20140407_131047.jpg

tom4bren
04/07/2014, 12:35 PM
OK. Hope the oiled filter works for you. If you get a CEL for MAF, you'll need to clean the MAF & start thinking about switching back to a dry filter.

PPinzino
04/07/2014, 01:04 PM
I will definitely keep my eye on it, I'm pretty careful not to over saturate my filters with oil but I'm a little leery after hearing about it... Only big thing that I am really concerned about though is my reverse is a little sketchy right now, it is pretty rough while backing up. Already have a low mileage trans for it just debating when/if I'm going to swap it in.

Mile High VX
04/07/2014, 01:45 PM
I will definitely keep my eye on it, I'm pretty careful not to over saturate my filters with oil but I'm a little leery after hearing about it... Only big thing that I am really concerned about though is my reverse is a little sketchy right now, it is pretty rough while backing up. Already have a low mileage trans for it just debating when/if I'm going to swap it in.

I've been using the Green Filter, that is oiled, for the past 5 years and the PO had it before that. I've never had a MAF issue and I use the oil as directed and am also careful not to get carried away.

I also clean my MAF every other oil change so that may just be good preventive maintenance on my part...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

PPinzino
04/07/2014, 01:47 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/20140407_131047.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24636)

PK
04/07/2014, 04:30 PM
I see a possible transmission rebuild or replacement in your future.

A lot of people on here have had to do that shortly after a transmission flush, if the transmission had not been flushed on a regular basis.

Change oil and filter - fine no problems.

Add a flush and it stirs up all the old varnish that was safely hidden away in all the nooks and crannies. Then the varnish clogs galleries etc, and bingo, you are up for repairs.

I hope I am wrong.

PK

PPinzino
04/07/2014, 04:43 PM
Well it was doing this before the flush, I only tried the flush because the fluid wasnt terrible looking. I to have seen many a flush go wrong here at the shop though, my general rule of thumb is over 100k they sign a waver and over 200k I just wont do it.