PDA

View Full Version : window stopped working

Daly
03/21/2014, 11:40 AM
Passsenger window was working fine (widening of window track done years ago) and today won't work. Hear a clicking sound coming from passenger door when window switch is pushed up or down, either on drivers switch or on passenger switch. Any thoughts? Regulator?

tom4bren
03/21/2014, 11:51 AM
Regulator?

since it's clicking ... probably.

VX KAT
03/21/2014, 02:00 PM
I posted there was a Passenger regulator on ebay, about a month ago or so....but it finally sold.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=25272&highlight=regulator

Here's a BRAND NEW one...a bit pricey since it's at ALL Hyundai/Kia in California...but it's available, depends on how bad you want it I guess.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2000-2001-Isuzu-Vehicross-WINDOW-REGULATOR-RIGHT-RH-PASSENGER-NEW-/171265524200?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AVehiCROSS&hash=item27e03881e8&vxp=mtr

tom4bren
03/21/2014, 02:23 PM
Actually, it could be a bad relay. See if you can hear where the clicking is coming from. If the clicking is coming from the kickpanel, there's a chance it's just the relay. I don't know if you can take it apart & clean it or if you need to source a new one.

Daly
03/22/2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks will check out relay first.

Daly
03/24/2014, 07:17 AM
Clicking is coming right from around the switch/door handle area.

tom4bren
03/24/2014, 09:15 AM
That means your relay is functioning so it's probably your regulator.

bartmanS4
03/24/2014, 09:29 AM
I've had luck with other cars doing this:
Remove door panel and while activating the window up/down switch back and forth tap the motor with a small hammer. If the gears are bound this can jar them loose. It's worth a try.

rowhard
03/24/2014, 12:05 PM
Clicking is coming right from around the switch/door handle area.

just went through the same thing. R&R the motor. you want a Cardone 47-4307. Don't let them sell you a 4309, its a different drive gear even though it says it fit, it don't.

Daly
03/24/2014, 12:23 PM
Never taken off door panel before. Steps to remove
take off handle, disconnect window and lock switch, remove screw for door opener, pop off plastic tabs holding door panel on
anything else?

tom4bren
03/24/2014, 12:58 PM
Remove tweeter cover (1 screw behind little disc), door handle cover (1 screw), window control panel (pops up & forward I think).

Pull door panel away from door (IIRC, there's about 8 of those clips to pull free). Harbor Freight sells a pretty slick tool for releasing those clips without breaking them.

Lift door panel up away from window track & release connectors for window & lock wiring from behind panel. Set door panel aside.

Gently release vapor barrier from door. It's glued all the way around. You'll probably tear it but it can be patched with duct or masking tape. If you tear it real bad, you can replace it with a large (heavy duty) trash bag.

I'm going from months old memory so someone chime in if'n I've forgotten anything.

rowhard
03/24/2014, 03:17 PM
Never taken off door panel before.

something I wrote a few years back. I had the tools, but if you don't just adapt what you have even if its from the kitchen. You might want to pick up some plastic trees if you break any or they are bad.

http://vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=22

tom4bren
03/25/2014, 06:46 AM
Here ya go. I made a convenient pdf out of your How2. I took a few liberties with editing to add a few of my own comments (I hope you don't mind).

rowhard
03/25/2014, 06:27 PM
Here ya go. I made a convenient pdf out of your How2. I took a few liberties with editing to add a few of my own comments (I hope you don't mind).

Cool. Could you also change a bobo. Meant to say #3 phillips, not a 2 when removing the 2 screws under the door handle.:happyface

tom4bren
03/26/2014, 07:53 AM
bobo fixdeded

Daly
03/26/2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks
Will give it a shot once temperature warms up.

Kong
04/18/2014, 10:23 PM
Hi,
I am from Malaysia owning one JDM VX. Have spent years to fix my VX.
Few months ago, I found VX lifter and Motor in China. Fix it onto my car last week. Run it smoothly.
I also manage to get a windscreen at China. This is surprising me. As I know there are very limited VX in China.....less than hundred. Don't understand Why the dealer still keeping the part:confused::confused:

David Wiltshire
04/19/2014, 05:54 AM
I am having problems now as neither window will work, I did the widening of the channel years ago and they seemed to work ok. When I tried today nothing worked I've removed the door panels and re-lubed the rubber runners but they are both dead.
There seems to be an unusual looking 'block' in the fuse unit on the right hand side of mine which is a JDM should I look to replace that?
Both switches are dead and do nothing at the moment.
Should I stick a 12 volt supply into the electric motors to see if they function?

I remember now that the other day I did hear a clicking sound coming from the right hand side kick plate and have just removed it to find about three relays does anyone know what type they are and which one may be the window relay?

tom4bren
04/21/2014, 06:51 AM
David,

I do know that the US version does have a relay behind the kick panel for the windows. Unfortunately, I've never had a problem with it so I can't help answer your questions. Others have had an issue with it so maybe you can find more info using the search function.

Tom

Here's one to get you started: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23342&highlight=window+relay

David Wiltshire
04/21/2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks most helpful.
Strange the passenger one worked on the motorway but refused to budge at home. The right hand side refuses to do anything.