PDA

View Full Version : Moab To Do List Keeps Getting Longer...

bartmanS4
03/20/2014, 10:19 AM
Well here's my list so far:

Done:
HD tie rods
CV boots replaced
HD torsion bars
CB and antenna installed
Modify cargo basket to install under roof crossbars instead of on top of them
Steering stabilizer
HD lower links

To Do:
4.56 3rd members with rear locker
Wheel bearings (front at least) I think I'll just pay someone to do these
Re-install big rims and tires (took them off for winter)
Tune CB antenna
4 wheel alignment
Install rock sliders from Sue at the Stoop

Agh...

During and after Moab:
Fix all the stuff I break

One day at a time, one day at a time.

nfpgasmask
03/20/2014, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I remember doing my lift only a couple days before leaving for Moab in 2008. Man, I wish I was going this year.

Bart

JoFotoz
03/20/2014, 10:31 AM
Yea....

I remember doing diff changes two days before leaving for Moab.

"Leaving".. being the key word... 90 miles into trip .. BOOM.

ROAD TEST SCOTT..thats all I have to say about this :o

Jo

bartmanS4
03/23/2014, 10:39 AM
Progress!
I went out yesterday and rented a stall in a DIY garage here in Denver. Not a bad deal, I payed $35 for an hour in a stall that includes a lift and all the tools including air tools you need. Well worth it especially considering it was snowing and my garage is not heated. HD lower links installed in about an hour. The only issue I have is the location of the grease fittings. If I put them on top then they looked like they would break off when suspension is fully compressed so I have them on the bottom. I will definitely break these off the first time they see a rock so I'm going to replace the zerks with flush mount fittings. Question for those that have done this upgrade: Did the width of the bolt sleeve, for lack of a better term, cause the brackets to pinch in slightly?

bartmanS4
03/23/2014, 10:57 AM
I also remounted my roof basket under the crossbars. I had to cut off four of the vertical basket supports but got everything to fit nicely. This ended up lowering the basket about 2 1/4 inches. The problem with this setup is it isn't as strong as having the basket rest on the crossbars though. I am going it reinforce each place were the basket and crossbars meet using some paracord.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/LowerRoofRack.JPG

JAMAS
03/24/2014, 06:56 AM
I went out yesterday and rented a stall in a DIY garage here in Denver. Not a bad deal, I payed $35 for an hour in a stall that includes a lift and all the tools including air tools you need.

Thats a pretty cool idea. I wonder if there is anything similar out here in the West Chester / Cincinnati OHIO area.

VXorado
03/27/2014, 05:43 PM
Nice touch with the basket... No need to height compensate just because you're around me. :eek: :_beer: