PDA

View Full Version : Some people must just love having something to hate...

Y33TREKker
03/11/2014, 10:15 AM
Saw this in the November 2013 Issue of Road and Track.

One month the VehiCross is being touted as destined to become a collectors item, and the next it's apparently an unmitigated concept "fail".

It becomes more and more apparent that many people these days have been conditioned for short attention spans and selective memories, but you'd think at some point even those people would start to recognize their own inconsistencies...especially when those inconsistencies are easily reviewable from day to day, month to month, and even year to year.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Vehicross_scan.JPG

TheGanzman
03/14/2014, 07:51 AM
Haters gonna hate, and noBODY likes nuthin' better than an Internet "pile-on"; just went through it myownself on a couple guitar forums. Let me leave you with this sage wisdom; wish *I* made it up:

"A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep...":yesgray:

Y33TREKker
03/14/2014, 08:57 AM
Haters gonna hate, and noBODY likes nuthin' better than an Internet "pile-on"; just went through it myownself on a couple guitar forums. Let me leave you with this sage wisdom; wish *I* made it up:

"A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep...":yesgray:
Sage wisdom indeed.

Haven't lost any sleep over anything related to my VX ownership yet. :_beer:

Scott Larson
03/14/2014, 08:58 PM
:yesgray:

Leon R
03/14/2014, 10:52 PM
OK, but then there is Pontiac Aztack, that IMO deservers every bit of bad of bad press :)

nocturnalVX
03/15/2014, 05:00 AM
OK, but then there is Pontiac Aztack, that IMO deservers every bit of bad of bad press :)

If it was good enough for Heisenberg...

Scott Harness
03/15/2014, 11:55 AM
If it was good enough for Heisenberg...

LOL X2 say my name!!

VXR
03/15/2014, 05:25 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/X1.jpg

blacksambo
03/17/2014, 08:21 PM
Read this from Edmund's top person:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/long-term-road-tests/

blacksambo
03/17/2014, 08:32 PM
Correction:

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/juke/2011/long-term-road-test/2011-nissan-juke-the-vehicross-connection.html

Y33TREKker
03/24/2014, 09:30 AM
=blacksambo;293093]Correction:

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/juke/2011/long-term-road-test/2011-nissan-juke-the-vehicross-connection.html

...But it’s hard to be first. The VehiCROSS was a spectacular flop, dissed by the usual narrow-minded observers in the automotive media who hated sport-utilities, couldn’t understand a high-performance sport-utility, and were disoriented by the styling. Only 4,153 were sold when U.S. sales ended in 2001.

Ironically, the BMW X5 also went into production in 1999, and within a few years it morphed into the X5 4.5i, an SUV sports car with big tires and lots of horsepower that prepared the way for the hot-rod Audi Q7, Infiniti FX45 and Porsche Cayenne. They all made it big, but they were actually just following in the VehiCROSS’s tracks...

Usually the way it goes. With most people, a good idea is never a good idea until it's marketed under the particular brand that THEY happen to think is best...and THEN it's "new", original, and brilliant.

nfpgasmask
03/25/2014, 02:29 PM
The thing is, the article is written as though the production VehiCROSS is a concept car. If it was a concept car, there would be one or two of them only. It's not a concept car. It's a HALO vehicle that saw short, but mass production. Sure, it was based on a concept, but that's not what we are driving around today. What a load of shiite. And were it says FAIL, it gives no data to back up said failure. Sad this gets printed in an actual respected car mag.

Bart

Leon R
03/25/2014, 10:05 PM
I love it how they say "Isuzu only sold 4-6k VXs". That was the plan all along!

Another way to look at it: They sold 100% VXs they built! :)

nfpgasmask
03/26/2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, we should all write letters to the editor and call them out on their ignorance and poorly ascertained assumptions.

Bart

blacksambo
03/26/2014, 08:03 PM
Look. I think this guy is genuinely trying to help us. The production/sales success is not important. The idea that the VX paved the way is. Simple?

WormGod
03/27/2014, 07:38 AM
It always brings me to this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

Y33TREKker
03/29/2014, 10:26 AM
I love it how they say "Isuzu only sold 4-6k VXs". That was the plan all along!
That's the way it goes with people predisposed to hating something. They will try to distort whatever they can regarding the subject into being viewed in a negative way. Whatever their reason for trying to do that though, the VX must still be a thorn in the side of some if they're STILL trying to get others to hate it after THIS long.

The ironic part is that by periodically bringing the VX up to ridicule it and tell people it's not worth remembering, they're actually keeping the memory of it alive and well and causing some to want to find out more about it on their own.

ipd
09/04/2015, 05:06 PM
...But it�s hard to be first. The VehiCROSS was a spectacular flop, dissed by the usual narrow-minded observers in the automotive media who hated sport-utilities, couldn�t understand a high-performance sport-utility, and were disoriented by the styling. Only 4,153 were sold when U.S. sales ended in 2001.

Ironically, the BMW X5 also went into production in 1999, and within a few years it morphed into the X5 4.5i, an SUV sports car with big tires and lots of horsepower that prepared the way for the hot-rod Audi Q7, Infiniti FX45 and Porsche Cayenne. They all made it big, but they were actually just following in the VehiCROSS�s tracks...

Usually the way it goes. With most people, a good idea is never a good idea until it's marketed under the particular brand that THEY happen to think is best...and THEN it's "new", original, and brilliant.

You just summed up in 2 sentences the entire reason for Apple's existence.

p.s.
The 1999 nomad was "supposed" to be built, and the VX isn't? I think it's pretty clear SOMEONE is on GM's shill payroll. Isn't it enough that GM sent Isuzu to the trash-heap, regarding passenger vehicles?