PDA

View Full Version : My engine is a Lemond, sir.. not a Lemon!

sindarin
03/09/2014, 06:19 AM
JUST BOUGHT A JERRY ENGINE AND IT SHIIIIIIIPPPED!!! :bgwb:

*ahem!* Now with that off my chest. I am about one week away from taking a stock VX (with Oil Starved & seized 6VE1) and dropping in a Jerry motor, thereby breaking two year old 'shoelace express' chains and returning me to civilized 4 wheel transportation.

Now would be a good time to msg ole Uncle Nurse Sindarin in regards to any photos the forum might require for part identification, or engine replacement.

Also a good time to request any "When you remove the [....] can you send me [...] in regards to the [...]"

All the best always, to you & yours!

MSHardeman
03/09/2014, 10:06 AM
Did this swap (well a local shop did) almost two years ago now and haven't burned a drop of oil since. How many engines are left now? When I bought mine Jerry said that there were only 16 left in the country, that he knew of.

Triathlete
03/09/2014, 02:41 PM
Jerry is a great guy to deal with and is a HUGE wealth of Isuzu technical knowledge! He's like Merlin on steriods!

vt_maverick
03/09/2014, 04:11 PM
I wonder if an aftermarket company like Jasper has a revised version available as well? My Dad's shop uses them for replacement engines and transmissions and he says they will often update their designs several times across a particular item's production life to address problems found by owners. Their reps will tell you that in many cases their products are actually better replacements than OEM because of the continuous improvement process.

bigblock8396375
03/10/2014, 12:30 PM
Can someone post Jerry's contact?

JoFotoz
03/10/2014, 12:52 PM
Jerry Lemond

JLemond@bellsouth.net

jo

bigblock8396375
03/10/2014, 05:53 PM
Thank you!

sindarin
03/26/2014, 06:23 AM
MSHARDEMAN - I think there came some type of restock? If I recall he had about 25 to choose from, AND the price is soon to raise, per Jerry so you will want to stockpile some dough to make it go, y'all!

This is a $5600 long block complete with EVERYTHING ON IT EXCEPT: Intake/Exhaust manifold(s). I e-mailed Jerry to literally ask him "Now what all have I purchased here sir?"

Not only does this man respond in timely fashion, he stands ready to answer more and more to ensure your vehicle is receiving the labor it deserves on YOUR END through HIS WORDS.

We'd got to a point in the Old Engine Removal (we have vids to post, and damaged pssgr side block to show, which looks like Godzilla literally punched the side of the block out!) where a pal of mine helping and I reflected on my SO's Cherokee we just lifted w suspension/steering/shock upgrades installed like no more than a month ago.

With the original detonated motor now removed (after tons of scrap, damaged piston and connecting rod removed) I am putting the brakes on THIS project to now replace OTHER systems with ease (exhaust needs serious work, Ball joints bilateral all 4, ARB (Old Man Emu) shocks (if manufactured), tires, new pulley systems for the new engine (alternator, PS Pump, starter etc))

Apologies for spotty returns and correspondence, we have literally put in 6 6hr days removing, derusting and priming and learning each system of this wonderful Japanese Creation.... I gotta say, ppl hear "My Isuzu" from me and they immediately think "Pup/Trooper/Rodeo...*ewwww! Isuzus are a piece of ****...*"

Then they see the VX, and it's like "Oh, yeah! I think I DREAMED I saw a vehicle like that on the road somewhere at the turn of the millennium.... That thing is HOT!(Get her running already maaaan!)"

Always Forward.
Sindarin - The Down to Earth Nurse (www.dtern.com)