PDA

View Full Version : Red Rock Lodge

ZEUS
02/24/2014, 12:56 PM
I just got back from Moab yesterday - I stayed at the Red Rock Lodge, or better known here as "The Stoop". They have remodeled a bit! New bedding, new paint, new roof, new TV's, & new exterior lighting... they even started tearing down the back fence yesterday. Still, the room I was in was the only room occupied - we had the whole place all to ourselves. Well, while checking out I talked to the manager for a few minutes. I asked why they were doing all this work if they were just going to get shut down next year anyway. Here is what he told me...

"They have been threatening us with that for years! The truth is we are under new management & we think we can keep this place going for a while if we step it up. The problem is we usually break even or even lose a little money every month."

He mentioned to me that Red Rock Lodge is rated so low online compared to other lodging in the area. I asked what would be the best way to help out & he mentioned that "Trip Advisor" is where input is having the most impact. Basically, it seems they need a bunch of great reviews on Trip Advisor in order to increase their reputation. This should help them get more frequent business & keep them "out of the red" on a monthly basis. More business means that the powers-that-be will allow them to operate longer. Currently, the Lodge is rated #24 of 29 in Moab...

So if you would, please take the time to write a good review or just give them a good rating so that we may continue having our Stoop Parties!

Trip_Advisor_Red_Rock (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60724-d1415089-r176822902-Red_Rock_Lodge-Moab_Utah.html)

Thanks!! :)

JoFotoz
02/24/2014, 01:06 PM
YEA..well :argue:

Seems they are trying to make money by raising the rates...

www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25326

Jo

MSHardeman
02/24/2014, 01:25 PM
Justin, saw your Facebook post and I have no idea how we missed you. We (the GF and I) checked into The Stoop this past Friday (21st) at 10:30pm and checked out Sunday (23rd) at about 10:30am. Of course most of the time that we were there I was out at the Old Spanish Trail Arena playing some indoor soccer, but I'm surprised that we didn't run into you at least once.

We were in Room 101 and the renovation looks great. The Stoop has a new roof on it so you can't see through it to the sky anymore, and it won't leak on us if it rains when we are there. I don't know about the summer rates, but the winter rates were only $39.95 a night. No wonder they break even every month. How can you make money renting rooms that cheaply?

ZEUS
02/24/2014, 01:29 PM
NO KIDDING!?!? Mark, I never saw anyone there except for the crew working on the fence. Did you have hot water? We did not, but I didn't care. It would have been pretty funny to run into you!! Sucks we did not run into each other...

MSHardeman
02/24/2014, 02:25 PM
We weren't in the VX so you probably wouldn't have noticed the GF's Champagne colored Nissan Altima. Very low key, nondescript car.

We did have hot water, but it took it a long time to get to the sink in the bathroom, and the shower was actually backwards; had to swing the handle to the cold side to get hot and the hot side to get cold. Gotta love The Stoop!!

Would have been great to catch up with you. Sorry we missed each other.:(

ZEUS
02/24/2014, 03:05 PM
I have been told the typical reason for water fixtures being setup backwards is that "Caliente" is "Hot" in Spanish so cheap Mexican labor almost always hooks up in the manner that "C" means hot.

Triathlete
02/24/2014, 04:39 PM
So what is the "H" for? :D

ZEUS
02/24/2014, 04:52 PM
Oh, they see that as an "I". So then it's, "I-Caliente!"
I. C... do u see? :p

VX KAT
02/24/2014, 09:24 PM
I have been told the typical reason for water fixtures being setup backwards is that "Caliente" is "Hot" in Spanish so cheap Mexican labor almost always hooks up in the manner that "C" means hot.

:eek: OH MAN, this makes sense now! I did a home remodel, 2nd story addition long ago and far away in California and the plumber did exactly that! Switched the hot and cold! Melted the frickin' wax ring!
He was of Hispanic origin, and I'll bet that's exactly what happened. But, I always thought it was really weird, since the dude was like 58 yrs old, I figured he'd have figured it out by the time he did my job....:rollo: